What is the password I need to use after upgrading the firmware on my Yun.

My Yun works as advertised, I can connect to it using Wi-Fi and also ssh. I then downloaded the file openwrt-ar71xx-generic-yun-16M-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and used the web interface to flash the firmware. After a short wait I see the access point Arduino Yun-90A2DAF81225. I then tried to load the web page at http://arduino.local and I am asked for a password. I use the earlier password but that fails. I then try using ssh, but no password that I use allows me to connect including a blank enter.

I then try telnet as whenever i flashed a router with OpenWRT I use telnet without a password. Even this did not work.

I tried to reset to the earlier linux firmware by holding the reset button near the wlan but I am yet asked for a password.

What am I doing wrong.

Thank you in advance for reading this post.

When you load a new image, everything is returned to factory defaults, including the password: arduino

Dear ShapeShifter

Thanks a trillion for your answer, at times I really believe that I leave my brains at home.

I stay in Mumbai , India and anytime you are that side of the world, please do me the honour of buying you lunch or dinner at a place of your choosing. This is the only way I can really say thank you.

I am very active in the e-security space in India and if there is any way I can help the Arduino movement, please let me know.

I work in securing the Internet of Things and Mobile phones ( basically the Nexus 5,6,7,9) and this makes me work a lot on stuff like OpenWrit, R00tabaga , Teensy , gnuradio ( hackrf , bladerf) , proxmark3 (for rfid), various Openwrt routers, USB Rubber Ducky, etc. I find the quality of documentation and help the best with the Arduino ecosystem.

Thanks once again.

vijaymukhi712:
I stay in Mumbai , India and anytime you are that side of the world, please do me the honour of buying you lunch or dinner at a place of your choosing. This is the only way I can really say thank you.

Thank you, that's very kind.

But I've got a better idea: I'll buy YOU dinner, if you buy ME round trip tickets to India (first class, of course!)

Oh, wait... That's only a better idea from my point of view, not yours... :wink: :grin:

I am very active in the e-security space in India and if there is any way I can help the Arduino movement, please let me know.

The best way to say thanks for the help, is to watch these forums, and if you see something you can help with, respond and give a hand. Please pass it forward and help someone else. :sunglasses: