what is the purpose of latch, clock, data? (new)

How can they be used and what applications are they used for? Any examples of applications or code would be appreciated!

A latch keeps your front door from blowing open, a clock tells you what time it is, and data runs the world. Now, what's the question?

AWOL: A latch keeps your front door from blowing open, a clock tells you what time it is, and data runs the world. Now, what's the question?

my question is now why you're such an ass.

I'm not surprised you got this answer especially since I said much the same (but without the humour) in the other thread you are running.

First thing is to rely on Google. Then if you can't figure things out you will at least have a more specific question for this forum. As it stands your question is like expecting forum members to write a book.

...R

arduinoman121:

AWOL: A latch keeps your front door from blowing open, a clock tells you what time it is, and data runs the world. Now, what's the question?

my question is now why you're such an ass.

Ask a question like that without context and what do you expect?

The question is: "I'm really lazy. Will you do my homework for me?"

The data pin sends the binary data.

The clock pin, when moving from high to low (or low to high depending on the chip), signals when the data pin should be read for the next bit.

The latch signal is set low while data is being transmitted and then set high (or vice versa, again depending on the chip) when the data transmission is complete.

Chagrin, you forgot the applications and code.

AWOL: Chagrin, you forgot the applications and code.

Whoops, sorry.

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut

Is this regarding the 16-bit DAC on your other thread about controlling vibration motors?

-br

Is this regarding the 16-bit DAC on your other thread about controlling vibration motors?

16 bit DAC to drive a motor? :astonished: