what is this acoustic sensors ?

hi , friends
what is this acoustic sensors ?
it use on SIUS Electronic Target and Scoring Systems

and the other question . who SIUS Electronic Target and Scoring Systems works ?
tnx .

Sound triangulation done with several microphones. (3 or more)

knut_ny:
Sound triangulation done with several microphones. (3 or more)

Electronic scoring system - Wikipedia

can you help me more ?

The mics are probably connected to differential amplifiers (opamps) to give a pulse when sound level reach a certain limit.
A mcu records time of arrival for the signals. Based on the time differencies you can calculate the posistion.

knut_ny:
The mics are probably connected to differential amplifiers (opamps) to give a pulse when sound level reach a certain limit.
A mcu records time of arrival for the signals. Based on the time differencies you can calculate the posistion.

HI
How can I calculate time based on shot?
For example, suppose a shot hits the upper right corner of the cybele (number 2 or 5 ). How can these microphone exactly identify the shot? (I think the sound may be very wrong and may not be accurate)
Thanks so much

Three microphones, three times, three distances. Basic maths gives you the location in a 2D plane.

Why would the sound be wrong? Mind, it doesn't matter what the sound is, it matters when it arrives. And the sound of the impact of a bullet will easily be distinguished from the much more constant and lower level background sound.

Quote from a norwegian manufactorer of acoustic targets
link

SENSOR LOCATION
To detect shots, acoustic sensors are used in the discs, which come with the following sensor locations:
A sensor in every corner. Standard on indoor discs, up to 50m. Outdoor discs, from 100m up, can also be delivered with this solution. This solution is called H-discs.
Three sensors at the bottom of the disc, below the hit area. This solution is called U-discs.
Both sensor locations have both advantages and disadvantages, but in their own way. In general, it can be said that corners with corners are very precise, have a very stable center point over time, and have longer intervals between maintenance.

knut_ny:
Quote from a norwegian manufactorer of acoustic targets
link

wvmarle:
Three microphones, three times, three distances. Basic maths gives you the location in a 2D plane.

Why would the sound be wrong? Mind, it doesn't matter what the sound is, it matters when it arrives. And the sound of the impact of a bullet will easily be distinguished from the much more constant and lower level background sound.

hi .
tnx

Your description was excellent.Is there a sensor for Arduino?
Is there a code for Arduino that calculates the sound in terms of distance?

There are lots of sound sensors out there - it's basically a microphone with amplifier.

You know the speed of sound so getting to distance based on time is a simple division.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-LM393-Sound-detection-sensor-DC-3-3-5V-sound-sensor-module-sound-Detector/231337762208?hash=item35dcce1da0:g:UG4AAOSwS9pZcMUb

indoor use only.
There may be sensors more useful than this one…

I suggest sensors are connected to pins A0…A3 and use ‘pin change interrupt’ (UNO)
On a MEGE2560 separate interrups may be better.

https://playground.arduino.cc/Main/PinChangeInterrupt

When an interrupt occur:
Repeat poll I/O pins until all 4 (H-setup) are detected and times (microsecs) saved to memory.
(maybe a timout will be necessary)

knut_ny:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-LM393-Sound-detection-sensor-DC-3-3-5V-sound-sensor-module-sound-Detector/231337762208?hash=item35dcce1da0:g:UG4AAOSwS9pZcMUb

indoor use only.
There may be sensors more useful than this one…

I suggest sensors are connected to pins A0…A3 and use ‘pin change interrupt’ (UNO)
On a MEGE2560 separate interrups may be better.

https://playground.arduino.cc/Main/PinChangeInterrupt

When an interrupt occur:
Repeat poll I/O pins until all 4 (H-setup) are detected and times (microsecs) saved to memory.
(maybe a timout will be necessary)

Can you explain more about pins_arduino.h?
tnx

more about pins_arduino.h?

This is a file specific for an arduino board variant.. won't bother you.

The analog pins are all on 328 PORTC. It is possible to set an interrupt if 'something happens' to any of PORTCs pins. When the interrupt occur you can poll the mic-pins until all of them has given their signal.
As a signal is detected, you save time to memory.