What is this called? Wingduino or something ...

A while back someone mentioned a pretty small Arduino-compatible which was basically a processor chip with connectors sticking out sideways (like wings). But I can't remember its name. Something like "Wingduino" but not that, because Google only returns one hit on that and it is some kind of toy for cats.

Does anyone know what the name is?

Did you see it on the forum?

Yes, I think so. Someone mentioned it. Now if I knew its name I could search for it. But all I can think of is "the Arduino with the pins going sideways".

Here's a mock-up of what I remember:

Maybe that's all it was. Someone soldered headers to a chip socket.

Interestingly, the forum search didn't even return this thread when I searched "wingduino".

- ? -

Male pins?

JimboZA: Interestingly, the forum search didn't even return this thread when I searched "wingduino".

That's called the "Internet bubble". Google knows all about you. And it knows you aren't interested in the wingduino ... yet.

[quote author=Coding Badly link=msg=2239533 date=1432098193] Male pins? [/quote]

You have a problem with that? It's for shoving into a breadboard. I could make more jokes but will (manfully) resist.

With a bit of glue it might be quite robust. Maybe that can be my next "minimal" Arduino project.

How does this look? from here

or this (not a MCU) |500x375 from here

I think we are getting closer (thanks!) but I do recall the pins (the male pins) going out sideways.