What motor should I use?

I'm trying to lift a weight of around 3 kilograms and I have a 9V battery power supply to use. I'm not sure which motor to buy and where to get it. If the motor has a tutorial on how to set it up and use it, that would be very helpful. Anything helps, thanks.

What kind of 9v battery ?

9v, 2 Amp

Google

Gear motor 9v

tryston03:
I'm trying to lift a weight of around 3 kilograms

You need to post a diagram of the machine you want to create. And you need to have the engineering design complete before you can select a motor because the engineering design will determine how much torque the motor needs to produce and the speed at which the motor must operate.

For example, if you are content to lift the load very slowly a relatively small motor with a large gear-reduction would work. But if you need a high speed lift you will need a much more powerful motor.

...R
Simple Image Posting Guide

tryston03:
9v, 2 Amp

Never heard of that type of battery. Please post a link to it or at least a picture of it.

Steve

tryston03:
I'm trying to lift a weight of around 3 kilograms and I have a 9V battery power supply to use. I'm not sure which motor to buy and where to get it. If the motor has a tutorial on how to set it up and use it, that would be very helpful. Anything helps, thanks.

How fast do you want to lift it? Even a tiny motor can lift a heavy weight if you use enough gearing
and are prepared to wait long enough.

What mechanism are you intending to use?

Its best to give good detail of the mechanical arrangement involved as that is crucial.