What parts i should order? What i´m going to build next?

Hi! I´m not sure that my post is justified, but i need little help!
I would like to ask you all, what parts i should order from china? I have basic tools and parts, but I don´t know what to build next! I have experience about Arduino and other electronics, so you can drop a hint to me what i should build next! Sorry about my bad english, but i hope you got the message!
And i would like to ask: Is there any technology groups? I mean like facebook group or something like that. If someone knows good English or Finnish group, please tell me!

Before buying anything you should decide what you want to build.

What have you already done with your Arduino?

What sorts of thing are you interested in?

...R

Robin I know that, but i just have to build something :smiley: I just want to know if someone have bought something awesome and cheap and would like to share it with us. I have build lot of things with arduino, and i have now 2x Arduino nano. I´m not the person who stays whole live in one technology, i want to know something about everything. I´m now exploring i2c,spi and other "data technologies". My next destination is graphics, and so on. I may wait a while, and then order parts to one project. I just don´t like thinking so narrow. I just buy some cheap parts from china or take parts from scrap, i build something up, sometimes if it´s good i solder it to pcb. I love building things, and sharing them. I also like just talking about something and think about problems.

I have made all kind of projects, like robots, home automation, wireless, light,
and so on.

It would be great to make my own company in the future. I´m a dreamer.

I am making an intelligent seed propagator at the moment.

Design something that can prevent shopping carts (trolleys) from being taken long distances away from shopping centres. Some people like to wheel these things up to a km from where they should be then abandon them them on the street which creates a hazard for pedestrians and road users.

Perhaps a solar powered location aware braking system that makes it progressively harder to wheel the cart once you are more than a certain distance away from where the cart is supposed to be.

Mikb55 month backwards, i was thinking the same idea! I almost got idea to my own product, but then i noticed at it was already made. Here is teardown video i saw at youtube: TWB #4 | The Wheel Locking Wheel Teardown - YouTube. I almost start designing charger that charges itself from pushing! But no, someone has made it :(. But in Finland we don´t have shopping carts with locking wheels, or with locating.

Quality:
Mikb55 month backwards, i was thinking the same idea! I almost got idea to my own product, but then i noticed at it was already made. Here is teardown video i saw at youtube: TWB #4 | The Wheel Locking Wheel Teardown - YouTube. I almost start designing charger that charges itself from pushing! But no, someone has made it :(. But in Finland we don´t have shopping carts with locking wheels, or with locating.

Interesting design.
Make a version that works by listening for specific Wifi base station IDs. Once out of range it starts to lock.
Installing Wifi base stations around a shopping centre would be much cheaper than cutting a groove in the road and laying a transmitter cable.

I ordered this week:
-10x 74hc165n
-max7221
-1602 and i2c driver
-mcp23017-E/SP
-Nokia 5110 LCD
-ESP8266 (WiFi module)
-300x led (white, 5mm)
-vibration sensor (it was so cheap that i had to bought it ;D)
-50x 100 Ohm resistor
-10 pcb (some kind of protoboards, single side, holes everywhere ;D)
-100x 2N3904 npn transistor
-PIR sensor
-8x8 RGB matrix (common anode)
-Buck conventer, i need power :slight_smile:
-Matrix protoboard
-Microphone with amplifier (i´m going to try speech recognizing ;D, and it´s going to be fun :slight_smile:

I´m going to make some kind of interface to nokia´s screen, and some kind of matrix with 300 led ;D.
I could try to make something work if esp8266 lost´s connection.

Now i have to wait for parts that i ordered from china :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It takes usually 3 weeks, in best case 2 weeks.

What is driving the 300 LED matrix? I see NPNs for sinking current, what will be sourcing current? Some PNPs, N-channel MOSFETs, and P-channel MOSFETs would have been good as well.

I mean i´m not driving them all at the same time! I meant i can build matrix with 300 led, but i´m not using them all :wink: When i get this posted, i´m going right to ebay to order some mosfets :slight_smile: (if i need something to drive without using relays). I have now 14 74hc595 shift register on my desk, so with them i can control up to 112 led one by one. It´s pretty massive number i think ;). Btw do you know any discussion forums? Someone could made facebook group etc. and tell me to join there. :wink:

Isn't this a discussion forum?

I think this forum is made just for asking solutions to problems :frowning: This is my vision about this forum, but i haven before used this forums to ask people real what i should do. Now i asked some discussion from parts and other things as technology. Yeah, i know i write messy, but that´s because i´m Finnish guy, and i´m going to be engineer :wink:

Btw. Have you guys seen this: http://www.instructables.com/contest/arduinoallthethings/#contest-entries
I will come to vote, if someone entry! :wink: I have not enought parts to build something, so i´m not going to join. That 3D printer would be awesome. :stuck_out_tongue: