What products do I need to order?

Hello there.

I have a project in mind that I'm hoping can be done using some Arduino products. Please excuse me if I say anything silly. I am absolutely new to Arduino.

The gist of the project is that I want to retrieve Bluetooth Mac Addresses for devices (Phones or Tablets with Bluetooth Enabled) near by and send them somewhere over the internet.

So, for the sending of data over the internet, I'm hoping an Adruino Yun will suffice? I've seen someone use an Arduino Uno with a Wifi shield to send the data. To avoid buying an Uno and a Shield, I could just use a Yun right?

So now, for the bluetooth part. I can't seem to figure out the difference between a bluetooth module and shield. Or even having a USB shield then using a standard bluetooth dongle.

Can somebody help? So for my case, could I use a Arduino Yun and a Bluetooth Shield?

Thanks in advance.

I tried searching through the forum to find a solution, I couldn't find any. I hope this isn't a repeat post

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you are trying to make a "war" machine to map out devices in range... for what purpose I wonder?

Haha! No nothing as exciting (?should I say that) as a war machine!