What should I use for data?

Hey all! Im currently trying to make an autonomous search and rescue blimp! It has a gps, compass, propellers and a camera. So I thought that the best way to allow for long distance flights was to simply use my smartphone as the camera and use the 3g for the data transfer. To allow the arduino to communicate with the smartphone. Im gonna use Bluetooth. And then the smartphone can use its 3g to communicate with my computer. My question is what programming sdk/language should I use on my phone? My smartphone is pretty cheep, it runs Android KitKat. Ive seen lots and lots of options, like MIT appinventor. Do you have any suggestions? I would like it to be easily testable so have an emulator and such, and it must be free I have a very minimal budget. If there are any other suggestions of a completely different way of going about this, post away!

My question is what programming sdk/language should I use on my phone?

That depends on the phone you have. The iPhone development kit won't do you any good if you don't have an iPhone.

My smartphone is pretty cheep, it runs Android KitKat.

I guess that rules out the iPhone development kit.

@PaulS, where did you get the idea that an IPhone might be involved?

@Reallyhappyman, you might find something interesting here.

You would probably get better information by asking your question on some Android programming forum.

...R

Thanks for the replies, thanks for the link, Robin2, there seems to be a rocket project thats very similar to what I want to do, Ill follow that and see where it leads me.

Thanks, Joe