What suitable sensor I can use to measure voltage and current for Arduino UNO??

Hello and Good days.

I need some advise for my final year project. For my project I would like to measure voltage and current from solar panel and collect the data using arduino UNO. Need an advise on what voltage and current sensor that i should use ?

Do not cross-post.

Other threads removed. Replies go here.

Soory sir.. This is my first time..

can you suggest me the sensor that can be use to measure voltage and current ?

I cannot. If someone else does not help you within a few days let me know and I will move your thread to another section.

What are the maximum (open circuit) voltage and the maximum short circuit current of the solar panel? If you don't know, post a link to the manufacturer's product page or the data sheet.

jremington: What are the maximum (open circuit) voltage and the maximum short circuit current of the solar panel? If you don't know, post a link to the manufacturer's product page or the data sheet.

Voc = 22.0 V Ioc = 0.64A

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=246299.msg1761689#msg1761689 date=1402505881]

I cannot. If someone else does not help you within a few days let me know and I will move your thread to another section.

[/quote]

Sir, Please help me by move this thread to other section..

Thank You

Hi.

Time Ago I'm having the same Issue my solution was buy an ADC (LTC2400) on ebay that's only for mV if you want to meassure mV and for current I buy a current sensor from Sparkfun,

To measure the voltage, use an (approximately) 5:1 resistive voltage divider, for example 39K+10K resistors, as input to one of the analog inputs. Calibrate it against a multimeter.

I don't know of any sensors you can buy that are accurate for currents of much less than 1 ampere, but you could try this one: http://www.pololu.com/product/1185 . You can also make one with a low value resistor and an op-amp amplifier.

A current sensor = a voltage sensor that measures the voltage drop over a known resistor value (shunt resistor).
typically a 1 Ohm precision resistor . In your case for 0.64 A max and maximum voltage range the arduino ADC can handle, let’s assume it’s 5 V => 5V/0.64A = 7.8 Ohm. Take two times 15 Ohm and put them in parallel