What type of button is this?

For a MIDI keyboard I'm making I need buttons for underneath the keys - so I need buttons that require very little force to press, and that make (if possible) no sound. I've already searched eBay and other websites for suitable buttons, and the closest thing I found were miniature microswitches (with levers), but they were too expensive as I need 122 of them (2 for each key because I want the keys to be velocity sensitive).

In my box of many things I have found a button that would be ideal for the application, but I can't find these anywhere online! I think it's a limiter switch from a CD Drive.

Does anybody know how these switches are called, or where I can find these? I'd appreciate any help! (or alternative ideas of course!)

|500x440

Hi

My guess it's a kind of "micro switch". 2 states on-off. OFF when no pressure on it ( release) ON when pressed.

I saw this kind on old floppy drive too. Some come with 2 switches in same part.

arssant: Hi

My guess it's a kind of "micro switch". 2 states on-off. OFF when no pressure on it ( release) ON when pressed.

I saw this kind on old floppy drive too. Some come with 2 switches in same part.

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't get me any closer to finding this kind of switch online.. Or maybe they just don't make these anymore? Who knows?

google "tactile switch"?

Hi

These ones.

They are used in floppy drivers too, and old computer laptop as screen closed sensor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-DC-16V-0-1A-4-Terminals-SPST-NO-Momentary-Mini-Micro-Switch-/391285513887?hash=item5b1a6f1e9f:g:VzEAAOSwoBtW2Mp8

Tiny and low pressure activation, and zero noise.

Hint, SPST micro switch or SPDT micros switch.

I was curious to get the "real" name of this switch. I use them, but always salvaged from old electronic computers parts.

MarkT:
google “tactile switch”?

I already did that (I spent more than an hour trying to find these switches).

arssant:
Hi

These ones.

They are used in floppy drivers too, and old computer laptop as screen closed sensor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-DC-16V-0-1A-4-Terminals-SPST-NO-Momentary-Mini-Micro-Switch-/391285513887?hash=item5b1a6f1e9f:g:VzEAAOSwoBtW2Mp8

Tiny and low pressure activation, and zero noise.

Hint, SPST micro switch or SPDT micros switch.

I was curious to get the “real” name of this switch. I use them, but always salvaged from old electronic computers parts.

Thanks! I’ll look into SPST micro switches tomorrow. I myself just found out they’re also called detector switches: link

I eventually bought these. €8 for 150 pieces, not too bad. As it turns out these are also listed as a replacement part for some kind of a 'tube screamer' for electric guitars (source).