What type of motor to use?

Hi,
I'm building an electronic controlled airsoft target system, where my targets will rotate up and down, I'm just wondering what would be the best type of motor to use for this. The targets will be fairly small and light weight but the system will be outside.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I indicate two types of motors:

-Stepper motor
The stepper motor is a precision motor, but he is slow(depending on the model).

-DC motor
The dc motor can move in a very speed, but he can't move with precision.

crippledllama:
Hi,
I'm building an electronic controlled airsoft target system, where my targets will rotate up and down, I'm just wondering what would be the best type of motor to use for this. The targets will be fairly small and light weight but the system will be outside.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I know of things that rotate and things that move up and down, but what kind of movement is "rotate up and down"?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
I know of things that rotate and things that move up and down, but what kind of movement is “rotate up and down”?

Paul

The target will be rotated to stand up and is visible or the target will rotated to lay down and isnt visible

Oh, That make sense. Several years ago we built quite a few sets of circuit boards for a company making outdoor target systems for real guns. They were subject to all kinds of weather conditions. The targets worked under compressed air with solenoid valves to raise a target, lower the target, and on others, to rotate the target into and out of view. Something like that might be an option for you.

Paul