What we need for robot arm

Hello guys.

I'm wondering if somebody knows can i use this servo motors for robotic arm controlling by arduino hire is link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Leadshine-Closed-Loop-Hybrid-Servosteuerung-HBS57-Driver-Servomotor-DE-/282217064021?hash=item41b572a655:g:EiAAAOxydlFSutQh

And what i need to record servo movements and play? i will be thankful for help and list of missing tings

I will make parts my self I have ARDUINO kit

Do i need some difference board for recording movements or? i planning to build 6 axis robot arm

I have experience with stepper motors but no with servo.

Than you.

Well the key figure in that link is the hold-in torque for the motor of 2Nm - note that the dynamic torque will be a lot less, perhaps 1Nm at lowish speeds, tailing off at higher speeds.

If that's good for your mechnical drive linkage its probably quite nice (a 3-phase stepper with encoder back-up - its not really a servo, but a cheaper alternative - and like a servo will correct itself after an overload pushes it out of position).

Recording and replaying will take memory, typically more than a microcontroller has built-in (though that does depend on which Arduino). SDcard might be one approach, and allows easy upload/download of stuff.

MarkT thank you for reply.

What you think is best choice?Is there on ebay servo with driver i can buy? Need to be from Europe.

Is there anything else i need?

Arduino kit (I will use Arduino Mega) Stepper motors,driver,powersuplay Arduino sd card mechanical parts

I have no means of guessing what you need from the available information. All I know is "6 axis robot arm"

I would like the motors to be able lift about 30kg. Stepper motor nema 34 1600 oz with acceleration code can do job but i need manually move arm and save movements and then put arm to do job repeatedly. I found something about potentiometer to move stepper motors and save movements but next problem is power. When the power is cut stepper are free to run. :o Or what you thing if i use nema 34 stepper motor with gear?

So i need motors to lift about 20 or 30 kg and drivers controlled by ARDUINO. Manually move arm and save movements and then play. If i can do that with gear stepper motors i will be happy.

Sorry for my english. :-*

Calculations need all the sizes masses and MoI's, which it sounds like you understand. You will need encoders to sense position (potentiometer encoders can be used, but are not very accurate - absolute digital encoders are best, but more expensive)

Sounds like you will have to roughly balance the arm or it'll be too heavy to move in learning mode - balancing is a good idea anyway, less torque/power needed, less rigidity needed, safer.

You could "balance" the arm by adjusting the current to the stepper motors based on the arm's position. In that respect the arm would give the least resistance required to hold it's position so you can move it relatively freely. It would take a bit of effort in mapping out and creating a lookup table of what holding current would be required for any given position of the arm, but it would certainly be feasible to do.

Be aware that the Leadshine site doesn't have that driver (HBS57) listed anywhere. You might not be able to find documentation on how to interface with the driver. Similar drivers listed on that site suggest you can only adjust the PID parameters of the drive using their pre-packaged software.

Ahmo: I would like the motors to be able lift about 30kg. Stepper motor nema 34 1600 oz with acceleration code can do job but i need manually move arm and save movements and then put arm to do job repeatedly. I found something about potentiometer to move stepper motors and save movements but next problem is power. When the power is cut stepper are free to run. :o Or what you thing if i use nema 34 stepper motor with gear?

So i need motors to lift about 20 or 30 kg and drivers controlled by ARDUINO. Manually move arm and save movements and then play. If i can do that with gear stepper motors i will be happy.

Sorry for my english. :-*

You are describing "teaching" the robot moves. Good luck!

Paul

Paul_KD7HB: You are describing "teaching" the robot moves. Good luck!

Paul

The uStepper Robot Arm has a teach mode and it only costs 300 euros. It's certainly not impossible. Granted, applying the same techniques to a robot arm capable of 30Kg lift is a whole different thing.

This is perfect but can i somehow connect this with Driver DM860A? Probably not

Paul you are right I describing "teaching" the robot moves but first i need stepper or servo motors with drivers. I wish do this with stepper motors if is possible (because i know how to use codes,i have some experience with large stepper motors such as nema 34 and 42). If is not possible then i mast do with dc servos Probably.

Chagrin: You could "balance" the arm by adjusting the current to the stepper motors based on the arm's position.

Erm, no, that's not balancing - it is power optimization however.

I was looking for motors two days and i found something.

Guys what you think about this motors:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER200-High-Torque-Metal-Servo-12-24V-200kg-cm-0-5S-60-Degree-BEC-5V-f-Robot-/351765086900?hash=item51e6d542b4:g:5u4AAOSwjXRXaOCU

or:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEADSHINE-180W-Brushless-DC36V-Servo-Motor-80VDC-Driver-Kit-3M-Encoder-Cable-/192001104210?hash=item2cb4285952:g:dEMAAOSw5cNYK~tD

or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ97x_2b4yk or: If you have same ideas?

Its better to sort out you speed and torque requirements before looking for motors - do you have a rough idea of those requirements?

I don't need so fast arm. Nema 34 with 1600 oz and belt pulleys is perfect. but as i sad

important things:

1. robot arm payload 20kg and + around 10 kg weight of parts (motors,aluminium parts....)
  2. robot arm teaching

i don't have experience with robot arms,teaching,servo motors. but with stepper motors and another project yes.

if somebody have good experience with god motors and another part for teaching and using robot arms..... And of course i wish to use only ARDUINO.

Ahmo:
if somebody have good experience with god motors and another part for teaching and using robot arms…
And of course i wish to use only ARDUINO.

Perhaps you could spend some time designing how you would record the teaching results as they were occurring and how you would play them back to duplicate the original motion.

Paul

Yes i have to learn all abot thiching and recordind.But i have to order stuff,so it will be easy to get right answare from you guys so i can buy and then i wil start learning all this what i need.I know is big project and i need a lot of time.

Yea and i can tell you i am so excited :) :)

Probably too excited. And you do not need to order anything. You can simulate all you want to do. For instance: if your method of determining the arm movement is going to be by recording the voltage value of a potentiometer connected to one arm joint, then you can use a similar potentionmeter connected to an A/D pin on an Arduino and record the voltage. Part of your study will be to determine how often to check the voltage and how to record those values so they can be converted at a later time to control a stepper motor to produce the same voltage.

If you are going to have two arm movement capabilities, then add a second potentionmeter and learn how to measure and record, separately, the voltage for each pot.

How many different movements are you designing for?

When you get the potentiometer testing to working to your requirements, then think about stepper motors, or what ever to actually move the arm.

You are creating a very large, feedback system.

Paul

Sorry for my late reply.

You are right i have to first learn all about potentiometer. So you think i can make my arm with stepper motor nema 34 1600 oz? Thank you for your advice.

I will study today and i will inform you afternoon about potentiometer. I have 10k potentiometer,nema 24 ,driver and arduino uno for study.