What were the Command Switches used to Compile Arduino IDE + Embedding Java?

Hi all

The Arduino IDE works very well on my Windows, without having Java RE installed.
I am curious to ask:
What were the Command Switches used to Compile Arduino IDE with Embedding Java in it?

Thank you

I am not at all knowledgeable on this subject, but the answer to your question might be found in this documentation:

pert:
I am not at all knowledgeable on this subject, but the answer to your question might be found in this documentation:
Building Arduino · arduino/Arduino Wiki · GitHub

Thank you very much pert.

Indeed this is a good direction, thanks!

I went to that page, and in there, there's a section close to the end called "Build it".
In there, there are the 2 commands:

cd /path/to/arduino/build
ant dist

I went to Ardiono's Github:

then chose the folder "build",
then "windows".

I am now here:

In that "windows" folder there is a "dist" folder,
the problem is that this folder only has a SHA Hash file, and a compiled .DLL file..

So I was not able to find it, yet,
hopefully someone here can give more hints..

Thank you all

Not really in the Arduino domain but.. If you are looking to build an app against a relatively modern JVM then you can use jpackage that’s shipped with Open JDK 14. It creates the smallest possible distribution for your application. If it’s modular (JDK11 or above these days) it will even strip down the included parts to the minimum. for example tcMenu Designer on windows compresses to 22mb for distribution.

Jpackage is included with JDK 14 onwards and I think will package apps that target JDK 11 too. I use it to create EXE packages for Windows and DMG files for Mac.

Nowadays, I actually prefer C# for UIs using Xamarin to be honest, with a Java server side.

davetcc:
Not really in the Arduino domain but.. If you are looking to build an app against a relatively modern JVM then you can use jpackage that’s shipped with Open JDK 14. It creates the smallest possible distribution for your application. If it’s modular (JDK11 or above these days) it will even strip down the included parts to the minimum. for example tcMenu Designer on windows compresses to 22mb for distribution.

Jpackage is included with JDK 14 onwards and I think will package apps that target JDK 11 too. I use it to create EXE packages for Windows and DMG files for Mac.

Thank you very much for this tip,
reading about it now.

davetcc:
Nowadays, I actually prefer C# for UIs using Xamarin to be honest, with a Java server side.

Yeah C# (and .NET) is my favorite language and environment too..

card5:
Yeah C# (and .NET) is my favorite language and environment too..

Doesn't work on Linux. The JRE does

...R

These days c# works pretty well on a wide range of devices, Android, iOS and Mac. It has native UI bindings for each. I believe it supports Linux via GTK# but have not tried that.