whats to used to tun on/off 12v 1.5A from arduino uno

the voltage coming from arduino is about 4.9v and 40mA and i have electronic valve that work on 12v and about 1.5A i tried to use NTE152 and the valve worked but it doesn't turn off when the output pin is low(0v). should i try to use rely! or something else. also i want to turn on the water pump using the arduino uno! the water valve use 12v and about 3.5A please help me!!!!

You can use a relais for this. Find one with the correct specs and you'll be good to go

As well as a relay you can use a FET.

get a motor shield (adafruit.com) and stack multiple 754410's on the output relay chips (by 'stacking' I mean solder the chips piggyback onto each other, then insert that stack into the chip socket). You can connect your 12V to the motor shield (and use that power to run the UNO too). This will give you about 2A/channel. You can then run multiple channels in parallel, to get more current, but add diodes to prevent short circuiting the 754410 outputs during switching delays. Or, if you're feeling frisky, disconnect one line of the 754410's inputs and connect that 754410 pin to one of its' other inputs, so you have two parallel 754410 channels. Given stacked chips and multiple channel, you can route 4A at 12V, which is enough to light up your life.

Xnloder

Xnloder: get a motor shield (adafruit.com) and stack multiple 754410's on the output relay chips (by 'stacking' I mean solder the chips piggyback onto each other, then insert that stack into the chip socket). You can connect your 12V to the motor shield (and use that power to run the UNO too). This will give you about 2A/channel. You can then run multiple channels in parallel, to get more current, but add diodes to prevent short circuiting the 754410 outputs during switching delays. Or, if you're feeling frisky, disconnect one line of the 754410's inputs and connect that 754410 pin to one of its' other inputs, so you have two parallel 754410 channels. Given stacked chips and multiple channel, you can route 4A at 12V, which is enough to light up your life.

Xnloder

it sounds u have got a good idea! so do i use the one already assembled or the empty on! also! i have 3 valves and one water pump will that take care of them all! so stacking 'em above each over to get more current right!

whether to buy pre-assembled or build from a kit depends on how good you are with a soldering iron. I build the kits, and it takes about an hour to get it right. If you are inexperienced, I'd suggest you buy prebuilt...you can acquire the skill, but the cost in frustration can be high. If you're building the kit, use a good iron, lots of flux, and be patient on the cleanup of the flux. I've seen the most annoying bugs from bad soldering...

I'm guessing English is not your native language, and I don't speak other languages well, so this is a bit of a guess, but I'm guessing when you refer to 'valves' you're referring to an electrically activated water controller, right? Best of luck with your kit. I'd suggest you add a waterproof box...water and electronics mix badly.

btw, I got my 754410's on ebay cheaply.

Xnloder

lol it’s not my native language.
And yes I’m using electrically valves.
I have ordered the part and I will see what can I do with it hopefully I will be able to connect the 4 outputs from the kit to get work properly with 12v and get enough current to fully tun On/Off the equipments
I might need ur help thu :slight_smile: it’s my first time to work on arduino microcontroller