What's with this Arduino USA only stuff

There now seems to be separate branding for the USA and the rest of the world and the rest of the world seems to have much fewer products.

Should I roll up my tent and go in search of a PIC Forum ?

…R

Get some clones of the ones you want from ebay or something. There will probably be more available some time in the future.

pYro_65:
Get some clones of the ones you want from ebay or something. There will probably be more available some time in the future.

My comment was really about the fact that "nobody ever tells us nuthin"

...R

Robin2:
There now seems to be separate branding for the USA and the rest of the world and the rest of the world seems to have much fewer products.

I think the real Arduino people can only call their stuff “Arduino” in the US.

I think you can thank the “Small Projects” usurpers for Arduino.cc’s need to use “Genuino” for non-US markets.

Here’s an article that helped me get up to date on the topic.

Several years ago I purchased an Arduino UNO. It had a little slip which stated the board had been made by “Small Projects” under license from Arduino. Maybe the package insert had a typo? If not, something is rotten in Italy.

@DuaneDegn, Thamk you for the link.

However my point is that I should not have to go to another website for such basic information. The Arduino folk should be keeping us informed here, in their own website.

…R

Robin2:
@DuaneDegn, Thamk you for the link.

However my point is that I should not have to go to another website for such basic information. The Arduino folk should be keeping us informed here, in their own website.

...R

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/GenuinoBrand

Like this? Or this:

There are many articles on the genuino:

https://blog.arduino.cc/category/genuino/

I'm not sure what you're expecting from the Arduino team...

pYro_65:
I'm not sure what you're expecting from the Arduino team...

A simple message in this section of the Forum - perhaps with links like you have provided.

I did click the "genuino" tag at the top of the page but it provided no obvious link to an explanation.

...R

Robin2:
A simple message in this section of the Forum - perhaps with links like you have provided.

I did click the "genuino" tag at the top of the page but it provided no obvious link to an explanation.

...R

I've been in a lawsuit, and it was never fun to talk about it, or even think about. I don't blame the founders for not bringing it up.

I am sad that the Arduino name is diluted in this way, but thems the breaks. Arduino is called Genuino outside the US. Boards not made by The Real Arduino are still being made by the new arduino.com or whatever they call themselves. You can buy those and they would be the same board as they always were, and made in the same Italian factory as they always were. In the US, the legal system is prohibitively expensive, so our heros are working on deals with 'merican manufacturers who can use the right name with impunity.

ChrisTenone:
I don’t blame the founders for not bringing it up.

They brought it up to the extent of changing the banner at the top of the Forum. That could easily have been accompanied by a Thread in this part of the Forum that said “Hey, you will have noticed the change in our banner - here’s why …”

…R