Where are the libraries supposed to be stored.

Hi All,
I'm getting an error about multiple libraries. The message is
"
compilation terminated.

Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
Used: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.20\libraries\Wire
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Wire
Using library DHT11 in folder: D:\4Backup\ArduinoFiles\libraries\DHT11 (legacy)
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.20\libraries\Wire
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno. "

I don't understand if there should be the 2 dir's for the libraries so I'm wondering if I should remove one.
But I don't know what the default location for the lib's should be.
Can some one point me in the right direction please ??

Cheers ... Mike B

That’s not an error. It’s just some helpful information the Arduino IDE is telling you. The error is somewhere else in the part of the output you didn’t post.

When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

Blakus2:
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Wire

There’s absolutely no good reason for the Wire library to be at that location. You should never install libraries to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries. They should be installed to the libraries subfolder of your sketchbook folder, which in your case is D:\4Backup\ArduinoFiles\libraries.

Ok Thanks,

I'm not quite clear on the lib storage, Arduino creates some lib's in it's program dir so are all additional lib's to be stored elsewhere ?
I can't add the complete error since it exceeds the max number of chars.

Blakus2:
Arduino creates some lib's in it's program dir so are all additional lib's to be stored elsewhere ?

Any library you install should be installed to the libraries subfolder of the sketchbook folder (File > Preferences > Sketchbook location). The Arduino IDE comes with some libraries but you should never install libraries to the Arduino IDE installation folder because they will all be lost when you update to a new version of the IDE.

Blakus2:
I can't add the complete error since it exceeds the max number of chars.

If you want help with it then save it to a text file and attach it.

Good thanks again, I should be able to get things back on track now.