where can i find a circuit of Pulse-oximeter ??help! help!

I need to make a Pulse-oximeter ,but i can‘t find the circiut. who can help me ! thank you !

Google? 31,200 hits for the search string 'Pulse-oximeter arduino'

dannable: Google? 31,200 hits for the search string 'Pulse-oximeter arduino'

it is difficult to browse google.so...

joeshu:
it is difficult to browse google.so…

Then use a search machine that works in your country.

// Per.

There are so many out there, but I thought this one looked cool:

http://www.swharden.com/blog/2013-04-14-simple-diy-ecg-pulse-oximeter-version-2/

I'm also building a pulse oximeter/heartrate monitor! I've used more or less the circuit in this tutorial: instructables. Extracting the pulse rate wasn't so difficult (just filter, filter, filter 'til you get rid of enough hi-freq noise) but i haven't been able to get a quantitative SpO2 reading yet. However i can clearly see the ratio ir/(red+ir) changing when i hold my breath so it's just me who need to learn some more programming. A more detailed description of a professional implementation can be found here: Texas Instruments. Things become much more complicated when trying to measure both heartrate & oxygen saturation (semi)simultaneously - for the oxygen you need both wavelengths, and for the heartrate you need continuous samples of one (pref. ir) over a justifiable time period. Switching between wavelengths more or less excludes the use of analog lowpass filters, so the raw signal will be extremely noisy. This problem is discussed in depth in the TI app note above, though i'm working with digital filters only since i want to keep the need for extra hardware to an absolute minimum.

Anyone else doing something similiar? I'd love to hear about your experiences. As i've said i'm really close to getting it all to work using the very simple circuit from Instructables with only a standard-issue opamp. If/when i get it to work i'll of course post the source (ah, the shame...my programming is completely amateurish).

nastybyte:
Anyone else doing something similiar? I’d love to hear about your experiences.

At first glance reading blood oxygen levels seems like it shouldn’t be too hard. All you need to do is turn on a couple of LEDs and monitor the light which makes it through the finger, right? How hard can that be?

I sure think it’s hard.

He’s a post about my attempt. As you mentioned, getting the pulse rate isn’t too hard but I think trying to compare the IR light and the red light with enough precision to compute the oxygen level is really hard.

Here’s a video I made showing a graph of the red light and the IR light received by the light sensor. I ramble on about the light sensor for the first minute of the video so the graph doesn’t show up until 1:07. (This is the same video as the one in the above linked thread.)

I was pleased to get some nice looking graphs which clearly showed the heartbeat but I didn’t have enough resolution in the data to compute the oxygen level.

I didn’t use the normal photodiode approach. I used a digital light sensor which I think was a lot easier to get data from than trying to get data from a photodiode connected to a complicated opamp circuit. Particularly since I wasn’t really sure how to build the complicated opamp circuit. I’m not sure, but I think the digital sensor I used didn’t have the resolution required for this application.

I may try making my own blood oxygen sensor again sometime but I doubt I’ll try again anytime soon.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I think it would be easier to hack an inexpensive Sp02 meter to get this sort of data than making my own meter. I plan to try hacking one of these meters soon (though I’ve been planning to do this soon for several years).

It sounds like I’m not the only one who thinks making a blood oxygen sensor is a challenge.

Are you using a commercial photodiode LED combination?

BTW, I collected a few links on this topic. The links are under the heading “Pulse Oximetry” near the bottom of this post.