Where can I find LCDI2C4Bit Library

Hi all,
Im using 0011 on Linux and want to use an I2C lcd display ive got hold of. Ive seen some posts referring to the LCDI2C4Bit Library but I cant find it in the list of libraries or in the dev environment.

Can I download this from somewhere or should it already be part of 0011 and I cant find it?
Ive tried:
#include <Wire.h>
#include <LCDI2C4Bit.h>

Wires there but Im just getting “no such file or deirectory” for LCDI2C4Bit.h

Thanks

Gordon

This is in the playground:

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/I2CPortExpanderAndLCDs

Mikal

I saw that. I was wondering if there was a library already zipped and ready to extract into the libraries.

So with this I create the files paste in the code and place in a directory under the arduino libraries directory? What about keywords.txt?

Or do I just put the files in /hardware/cores/arduino

Or do you put them in the sketch directory and include from there?

Thanks

Gordon

I haven't used that particular library, but if you just build a folder in the hardware/libraries folder for it, it will work next time you start Arduino. Just mimic EEPROM or one of the libraries that is already there. As for keywords.txt, this is optional, but if you create one for the methods in your library it will be useful for keyword coloring.

Mikal

Well, I did that, created the files and put them in a directory under libraries. They seem fine but the example on the page does not compile as it has references to functions that are not in the library. The code is marked as beta. Is there a finished version that I havnt seen?

I commented out the code that wouldnt compile but couldnt get anything out on the I2C lcd I was using. This may be something more to do with the I2C lcd Im using than the code. But I was very suprised the example doesnt even compile.

Gordon