Where can I learn programming for arduino?

Hello Guys,

I am from Chennai, and I need to learn programming for arduino right from the basics to advanced level, where do you think will I fit for? Can you suggest any kind of workshops or online trainings for learning arduino from basics ? even though I got lots of online tutorials for arduino, I am not convinced, it will be fine if you could suggest me any workshop with technically sound, good research background.

Awaiting your reply

Thanks

Start here: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/HomePage
Study this page and try the examples.
Also try the examples in the IDE. There are some good ones.
Like blink without delay.

steinie44: Start here: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/HomePage Study this page and try the examples.

But ignore "blink" because if you do, everything you do after that will have a delay() in it....

Jeremy Blum's youtube tutorials often come up when this question is asked - disclaimer: have not watched them myself.

read some good books like Arduino for Dummies. It is a great starting guide.

also: Beginning programming with C++ for dummies

Arduino for Teens by the forum's CrossRoads and Mrs Crossroads

JimboZA:

steinie44: Start here: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/HomePage Study this page and try the examples.

But ignore "blink" because if you do, everything you do after that will have a delay() in it....

Is this that bad?

Well, Blink can put you in a frame of mind where you use delay() for anything that has timing in it, like switching stuff off and on, and it seems difficult to escape from trying to do it that way, which doesn't always work.

Search "Arduino C" on Amazon and read the reviews. Be forewarned that some books skimp on the C parts and concentrate on the hardware while others go more into the language. Most books have a "Look Inside" banner on their covers on the web page. Click on that and then read the Table of Contents to see if it covers the language. Some "intro programming" books only have a couple of chapters on actual programming.

The reviews should help you ferret things out. Also, pay attention to the number of reviews, since one or two is not a very good sample. I'm biased, but I think Beginning C for Arduino is good since it was written by a teacher with over 30 years experience. Great programmers don't necessarily make good teachers.

This Thread planning and implementing an Arduino program may be of interest.

…R

I purchased the "arduino cookbook". From o'reilly publishing has helped me tons! Then the people on these forums help me when I get stuck.

YUP^^^^

forgot that great one

karma++

Yes you are right, I too felt the same kind of difficulty after learning blink and some other example program, how do I make it more bigger? anyhow this arduino forum will help you a lot. and if any kind you need workshops in chennai. I would suggest to go for www.jayroboticsclub.in, Instructors are from IIT Madras and they give you tons and tons of information regarding whatever topics you ask for. regarding arduino, electronics or whatever.