Where did my page width go?

I'm looking this new forum format.
I'm getting use to it.
BUT..
Why is the post text box only 1/2 to 2/3 the width of my screen?
I"m using a laptop, 15" not a SmartyPhone.
Down either side of the page is just blank unused space, what a waste!!!!
I went the latest blog informing us of the update, I'm logged in but can't reply, even though it says I am supposed to.
If I have to go t o Gitty Hub to voice my opinions/suggestions, I'm sorry but that stinks.
Where in this forum do I let the programmers know of how i feel and some suggestions?

Tom... :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:
PS. Love the better emoji selection.. :+1:
PPS. So much faster to :+1:

Presumably to allow the real time preview to appear alongside it

That has been the subject of some debate and to be honest I am not sure what the outcome was. You could always post in the "Website and Forum" section unless/until requested to do differently

All of us, including the moderators, are getting used to the new system having had very little time to look at it so please bear with us as we find our feet

1 Like

Why????
Its of no use to me, I like to concentrate on the post at hand...
I love the way you can import quotes, sexy....
While I'm typing a post, fair enough, but when I'm reading at a post, not posting, its a real waste of space.

Tom.... :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

1 Like

No users, including moderators, have had any say in how the new forum has been set up and apart from what may be generally available on the Web have no special knowledge of Discourse unless they have been involved with its implementation elsewhere

I would hope that feedback from users over time will be taken into account and should there be options to change page layouts etc then advantage may be taken of them

One thing that has been made clear is that the forum software will not be customised beyond the options that Discourse offers. This was done for the previous forum software (SMF) which made applying updates and fixes to it impossible

Not quite true. Near the end of its life we made some great strides in features and improvements to the SMF. SMF was simply past its "sell by date" Discourse does have a lot more flexibility to modify than SMF.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.