where does arduino look for libraries?

I ran the sketch for the tinkerkit hall effect sensor. I get an error message that it can’t find <tinkerkit.h>. I found the file, G:/Arduino/Libraries/TinkerKit.H. My G drive is a portable drive so I can use it as a “back up” drive. But it is not formated as a back up drive, more like a network drive. So I am thinking the it is in the wrong place! Where does it belong.

Bill

Hi

Did you specify you sketch folder? You can do that under the preferences. Also try to make a folder for it in the libraries folder.

thank you I will try that!
Bill

Defaut path for libs is: C:\Users<USERNAME>\Documents\Arduino\libraries\

I've tried both suggestions and can't seem to find the library this is the error I get when I compile the sketch.

before runing the sketch I uninstalled the arduino software and reinstalled it thinking I had corrupted it.

Then I downloaded Tinkerkitmaster.zip from github. I am sure this is where the problem lies. After unzippinjg the file I run the hallsensor sketch for the tinkerkit sensor\ examples and this what I get.

This with the verbose on.

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Build options changed, rebuilding all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10604 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\WILLIA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3925821797950596741.tmp\HallSensor.cpp -o C:\Users\WILLIA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3925821797950596741.tmp\HallSensor.cpp.o
HallSensor.ino:19:23: fatal error: TinkerKit.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

I am sure I am doing some thing wrong with the tinkerkit software as the uno board and arduino blink example works.

oh I couldn't find an arduino entry in documents!

Bill

hey thanks for everyone's help. Finally fixed the probelem by reinstalling Arduino. It wroked but what a ugly way to fix things

Bill