Where does OSEPP come from?

Does anybody actually know what the abbreviation OSEPP stands for? It isn't spelled out on any of their product packaging, and there's no real detailed information on their website about the company itself.

My!
Is Google broken again?

Hmm, seriously, though the only thing I can find is "Organization for Sensible and Effective Prison Policy". Hopefully that isn't it.

OK, I believe I know what it means. It means...

Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform

This is the actual definition of Arduino, as in "Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software" - Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.. So it's a bit of a rip-off IMHO, but I guess they are welcome to the letters.

Hi
My cousin got 1 of these and we spent hours trying to get it to work.
We downloaded the FTDI drivers and it still didn't work.
It was on a Mac, which I am not familiar with, and I forgot to run the .dmg file.
After that, it all worked great :sunglasses:

Hi,
I had a red one, but the wheels fell off.

Tom… :slight_smile:

Isaac96:
Hi
My cousin got 1 of these and we spent hours trying to get it to work.
We downloaded the FTDI drivers and it still didn't work.
It was on a Mac, which I am not familiar with, and I forgot to run the .dmg file.
After that, it all worked great :sunglasses:

I suggest getting a real Arduino. They have OSEPPs at the local Fry's but they cost as much as a true made-in-Italy Arduino Uno R3 which I bet suffers from fewer of these sorts of problems.

OSEPP sucks :slight_smile:
Actually, the kit I got was 60 $! :money_mouth_face: