Where does TMRh20 RF24 fit?

I am wrestling with the nRF24L01_Product_Specification_v2_0 and starting on page 46 there is a list of commands by which to communicate with the chip. I think these are contained in SPI.h. I have been using TMRh20 RF24.h.

Is TMRh20 RF24 an Arduino-language package which uses the SPI package while keeping the programmer away from the nuts and bolts of it?

Basically answer is YES - see http://tmrh20.github.io/RF24/ and RF24 Class Reference and see you can instantiate an RF24 and give the SPI speed in MHZ as parameter eg: BCM2835_SPI_SPEED_8MHZ

I am wrestling with the nRF24L01_Product_Specification_v2_0 and starting on page 46

You should probably start on page 1, so that by the time you get to page 46, you understand the material there. Usually works for me.

PaulS: You should probably start on page 1, so that by the time you get to page 46, you understand the material there.

I only said that the [u]list[/u] starts on page 46 :)

Being that 'TMRh20 RF24' is an abstraction getting the programmer away from the nitty-gritty of 'SPI', there is no need to declare it in a program (as long as you declare 'RF24' ). I originally assumed it was always declared because you need it for 'Serial' but [u]not so[/u]! I commented the declaration of 'SPI' out of my current project and that made no difference to the debug calls to 'Serial.println()' etc.