where is the run.bat file

I get the error when I open the arduino.exe file and in the faq it says to launch with the run.bat file. Where is it?

it`s not in arduino-0017 .

But there was one is 15 , 16 etc

@echo off

REM --- if you're running out of memory, change the 128m REM --- (which means 128 megabytes) to something higher.

set SAVEDCP=%CLASSPATH% set SAVEDPATH=%PATH% set JAVA_HOME="java\bin"

if %JAVA_HOME% == "" GOTO Error

set CLASSPATH=java\lib\rt.jar;lib;lib\build;lib\pde.jar;lib\antlr.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar;lib\oro.jar;lib\registry.jar;lib\mrj.jar set PATH=java\bin;lib;%PATH%

REM start javaw -ms128m -mx128m processing.app.Base %JAVA_HOME%\java processing.app.Base

set CLASSPATH=%SAVEDCP% set PATH=%SAVEDPATH%

GOTO End

:Error echo *** Error: cannot execute Arduino echo *** Reason: lacking the directory where to find Java in your computer echo *** echo *** Fix: Edit run.bat and add the JAVA_HOME directory echo *** at the 'set JAVA_HOME=""' line echo *** echo *** then call the batch file run.bat in order to execute Arduino

:End Pause echo Bye.

When you copy the .bat file into the Arduino17 folder and double click, you get the following in the DOS window:

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: processing/core/PAppl et at processing.app.Preferences.load(Preferences.java:687) at processing.app.Preferences.load(Preferences.java:677) at processing.app.Preferences.init(Preferences.java:158) at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:163) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: processing.core.PApplet at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source) ... 4 more Press any key to continue . . . "

Apparently the batch file needs modded to work with 17...

1. Create a shortcut to the .BAT or .CMD file. To do so, right click on
    Batch files (.BAT) and Windows NT Command Script (.CMD) files run in console window when double-clicked. This means that the Command Prompt window will be visible until the .BAT/.CMD file execution is complete. To make .BAT or .CMD file execution less intrusive, you can configure it to run minimized. Or if the .BAT or .CMD file does not require user input during run time, you can launch it in invisible mode using a Script. Both options are discussed below.

the file, click Send To, Desktop (create shortcut)

1. Right click on the shortcut and choose Properties

2. In the Run: drop down, choose Minimized

3. Click OK

4. Double-click the shortcut to run the batch file in a minimized window state.

Rumah Dijual
mengembalikan jati diri bangsa

When I edit the run.bat file, what am I supposed to put in the line
set Java_Home = ?

Do I put the windows\program files\java directory? Or the Java folder that is within the Arduino-0017 folder? I’ve tried both, run the .bat file, gotten some syntax errors because it appears to append “\java” to whatever I put in that line, fixed that issue, got it to run without error at which point it runs and disappears, and that’s it… arduino.exe still gives me a generic error message and goes nowhere.

Guess it’s time to take a lunch break and regain some patience. >:(