Where to buy RFM22B RF Chip not the board

Hi Guys

As the heading suggest where can I buy the components found on the RFM22B board to create my own layout of the board? I have emailed HopeRF and they just reply with links to the pre-made boards.

thanx
Rustie

They have a RF IC section

Hi Riva

They dont have the RF22 chip. and i need a long range radio that has been proven to work with Arduino

I have looked into this section and asked them per email please give me examples of these units and they still replied with the completed boards, I don't want to order these things and get the wrong thing. have you ordered them before ?

Rustie0125:
They dont have the RF22 chip. and i need a long range radio that has been proven to work with Arduino
It seems they only sell that device in a module.
I have looked into this section and asked them per email please give me examples of these units and they still replied with the completed boards, I don't want to order these things and get the wrong thing. have you ordered them before ?
I have not ordered IC's from them before, I use the modules. At a glance the RF69W chips has similar spec to the RFM22. And the data sheet will probably include a reference design. You may be better of sticking with pre-built modules as RF design is not for the faint hearted.

I fully Agree with you on the design part but what I am working on needs a smaller design, or at-least different config of components. and the RF69 module works at 2v up I need a module that works on 1.8v as that is the power I have available.

any other radio suggestions that works at 1.8v with minimum range of 800-1000 meters?

Rustie0125:
I fully Agree with you on the design part but what I am working on needs a smaller design, or at-least different config of components. and the RF69 module works at 2v up I need a module that works on 1.8v as that is the power I have available.

any other radio suggestions that works at 1.8v with minimum range of 800-1000 meters?

I cannot offer any definitive suggestions for your requirements, maybe someone else can help.
It may help if you give as much detail as possible like voltage, range, data rate, frequency, modulation etc. Also do you need a transmitter or transceiver.

what I am working on needs a smaller design, or at-least different config of components.

What different configuration do you need for the RFM12B?
EDIT: Have you tried Mouser to see what alternate components may suit your needs.?

Riva

Its no secret what Im working on I have been trying to make it as public as possible but cant seem to get much attraction from the community. you can see the project herehttp://powerduino.blogspot.com/2014/02/open-source-community-built-ultra-low.html here but in a nutshell im trying to create a TINY GPS arduino tracker. so to answer your questions in short.

Range :800-1000meters
Freq 315-900mhz will do (better penetration)
Data rates as high as possible but the application is not time critical so multiple packets can be sent.
MUST be a transceiver due to the nature of the project.
Size well lets put it this way, Im trying t put a GPS , MCU ,Radio , Accelormeter, RTC and battery on a board no bigger then a Pro mini . that is why i need to be able to move the components around.

How would the NRF24L01 with a LNA and PA do with a wire or PCB antenna ?