Where to get 16X2 displays with pins both on top and bottom, cheap?

I'm trying to get some of these HD44780 displays with pins on both top left and bottom left. Anyone know a cheap source? Thanks. I see newhaven sells at $10ish, too much for me.

Have you looked on eBay?

Have you looked on eBay?

Wow, I'm sure he never thought of that.

Don

Does it have to be a New Haven device or is it solely the pin configuration that is important?

Here are some that I have datasheets for.
Xiamen ADM1602K-FS(RGB)-FBW
Longtech LCM1602K.
Microtips Technology MTC-16205D

Unfortunately I don't have any sources but if anyone can help you it would probably be forum participant Terry King (terryking228) who does business as yourduino.com.

Don

Just the pins have to be on the bottom left. I looked on ebay and once purchased 15 units. Now the seller is out of them and I can't find any others selling on ebay.

Thanks Don. I'll chase them down! The ones I was able to purchase have no markings of the manufacturer. Due to the enclosure I'm using and some bulky DIN-5 sockets, I can't use the ones with pins on top left. Soldering some ribbon cables is my back up plan in case I can't find the right displays.

The Powertip PC1602D might also work for you. It appears to be one of the few displays with pins only in the lower left and also with a standard pinout (pin 1 at the edge of the board).

Don

Yep. Here is a picture of my device. I'm not able to design bigger than 100*80mm in EAGLE lite license.
My thinking is that if I get the dual row one, I can sell them with this device or with other LCD devices I designed. But the one bottom row LCDs will only work with this device.