Where to start with programming / sketches

Good afternoon chaps

firstly a big thank you for your advice on what parts to purchase. I went for an Arduino uno as suggested and other bits I.E relay board to play with.

I've managed to hook it up to my PC and have sucessfully uploaded the Blink sketch and played around with the delay times to my amusement!.

My question now is about using a key stroke i.e 1 to activate for example pin 1 which in turn operates a relay on my relay board which I've already wired up to 5V+ and Gnd and now looking for a signal from pin 1 to the center pin on the relay board.

Again using key stroke 2 to switch off the relay.

Is there a sketch already written( Ive looked but not sure what I'm looking for) which I could use and play around with?

Again any advice would be gratefully received

Cheers!! An eager noob!!

Look at the examples under File->Examples->Communication

Note: Don't use Pin 1 (or Pin 0) for Digital I/O unless all other pins are in use. Those are the Serial pins so you can't use them for Digital I/O and use Serial at the same time.

Is there a sketch already written( Ive looked but not sure what I'm looking for) which I could use and play around with?

At last count, there were approximately 0x4543567643233567dffe sketches written. Surely, it would be better to write your own to do what you want (and learn something) than to be spoon fed, wouldn't it?

Thanks for your…er advice, but I was looking for a bit of guidance as I have only just started (within 2 weeks) experimenting with this piece of hardware.

I haven’t got the foggiest with coding but am willing to try hence playing around with a sketch already written and learning from there on. That said the gentleman who also commented and pointed me in the communication area of examples was spot on and it was exactly what I am looking for (Well done that man!)

NO doubt I shall have other questions as I progress

looking forward to those replies

D.

Thanks Mr Wasser!!

You're a Gent...Exactly what I am looking for!!

cheers D.