Which 16x2 LCD is compatible with Arduino DUE?

Hey.. I am looking for a 16x2 LCD that is compatible with Arduino DUE. Is it enough to buy a 3.3V LCD? It should be available in Europe.

Also is there a guide how to connect it correctly? I am having trouble finding guides for the DUE.

Thank you in advance!

I would be more likely to use a 5v LCD with 5V i2c backpack and then use an i2c level shifter to do the 5v/3v conversion.
Both are in expensive if purchased from vendors on Ebay which typically can ship anywhere.
Using i2c will save pins and is easier to hookup.

Alternatively, you could use the more common (and often cheaper) 5V hd44780 LCD.
Even though the LCD is 5V and the DUE is 3v, this works since you will not be reading from the LCD, so the LCD will have its WR pin strapped to ground which means that all the LCD signal pins will be inputs which means that there are no 5V issues for the DUE.
The 3v high signals on the DUE will be high enough to be seen by the LCD as a high signal even though the LCD is running at 5V.

Summary:
5V device outputs to 3v DUE inputs is what can cause damage.
When the LCD WR pin is strapped to ground (which is what you want/need when using the LiquidCrystal library), all the LCD pins are inputs (the LCD will never drive any 5V signals) and the 3v DUE output pins are high enough voltage to work with the 5V LCD.

--- bill

bperrybap:
Summary:
5V device outputs to 3v DUE inputs is what can cause damage.
When the LCD WR pin is strapped to ground (which is what you want/need when using the LiquidCrystal library), all the LCD pins are inputs (the LCD will never drive any 5V signals) and the 3v DUE output pins are high enough voltage to work with the 5V LCD.

Excellent information for the people who are looking for the explanation why 5V LCD does work with 3.3V DUE. (+).

This might help:

http://2manyprojects.net/lcd-tutorial