I need some help to choose which Arduino board is the best for my project.
I’m working on my base robot that in the future must be the base for some other projects.
My base robot include:
- chassis from http://www.homotix.it/index.cfm?Page=Catalogo&IdCatProdotto=181&IdSchedaProdotto=1870;
- motor driver http://www.homotix.it/index.cfm?Page=Catalogo&IdCatProdotto=159&IdSchedaProdotto=1869;
- MPU6050 gyro and accelerometer https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11028;
- a modified mouse using ADNS-2051 connected via serial;
- the Parrallax PING))) sensor.
By now I tested all component one by one using my Arduino Ethernet. When I start to connect all them I found that
not enough digital pin are available. For this reason I thought to buy Arduino Due board that will make me able to
expand my project in the future without problem of digital pin.
Unfortunately I saw that this board use 3.3V instead 5V. For motor driver, MPU6050 and ADNS-2051 there are not
problem but the PING))) sensor works at 5V. If the signal from PING))) is 5V this will damage my board.
Use a voltage regulator like this http://www.homotix.it/index.cfm?Page=Catalogo&IdCatProdotto=198&IdSchedaProdotto=1574 can solve my problem? Is this a general solution to adapt components that works at 5V?