Which arduino do i need?

Hi guys! What i am looking to do is read 4 or 5 some pressure sensors. Which board is the best to use for this type of setup? Also, How many motors/solenoids/led/lights can these boards control at the same time? Thanks

If the pressure sensors are analog, you can read up to 6 of them through one Arduino Uno board.

The Uno by itself cannot control any motors or solenoids, because the power is not sufficient. You need a motor controller board, relay board, or similar. However, you can control up to 20 LEDs from a single Arduino Uno, as long as you don't draw more than about 200 milliamperes total at any one time. (6 of those 20 use the analog input pins as outputs instead, so if you want to control both LEDs and read sensors, it's 14 LEDs and 6 sensors.)

Yea, I went searching on the net after i posted on the forum. I found people were controlling more then 8 120v wall outlets and i thought they were relays, so you just confirmed that for me so Thanks for you response Jwatte.

How do i know if the pressure sensors are analog? Do they not use more then 12v? Does any one know if air compressor PSI sensors are analog?

I am new to these little electronics so I am still learning . :blush:

Well we need more info, ike what type of pressure sensor you are using.
Some use what is called a ground voltage sense or GVS and there are GVS shields.

Aquaman11: How do i know if the pressure sensors are analog? Do they not use more then 12v? Does any one know if air compressor PSI sensors are analog?

Let me re-phrase that question in terms of cars:

"How do I know whether my car needs regular gasoline, premium gasoline, diesel, or electricity? Does it get more than 55 mpg? Does anyone know if cars are diesel or electric?"

Now, how would you answer that question?

How do i know if the pressure sensors are analog? Do they not use more then 12v? Does any one know if air compressor PSI sensors are analog?

Most air compressors use a simple mechanical pressure switch that is set to open the circuit going to the compressor motor. (or turn off the motor when a preset pressure is reached. then when it falls below a certain pressure the switch closes and the motor starts back up.) That kind of sensor will not give you any data other than a simple on or off.

To go into greater detail most pressure sensors output the data in the form of millamps (current) or volts or millivolts. all of them use a power source to run the electronics in the sensor. (a small amount of power.)

to select the correct pressure sensor you will need to know the range of pressure you are dealing with I.E 0-90 PSI (pounds per square inch) There are pressure sensors made for arduino use but they are very sensitive and measure barometric air pressure.

KG4MXV:

Most air compressors use a simple mechanical pressure switch that is set to open the circuit going to the compressor motor. (or turn off the motor when a preset pressure is reached. then when it falls below a certain pressure the switch closes and the motor starts back up.) That kind of sensor will not give you any data other than a simple on or off.

To go into greater detail most pressure sensors output the data in the form of millamps (current) or volts or millivolts. all of them use a power source to run the electronics in the sensor. (a small amount of power.)

to select the correct pressure sensor you will need to know the range of pressure you are dealing with I.E 0-90 PSI (pounds per square inch) There are pressure sensors made for arduino use but they are very sensitive and measure barometric air pressure.

Thanks exactly what i needed!