Which Arduinos can actually send GMail SMTP emails

Greetings;

I have managed to send emails using SMTP2go on my Arduino Mega 2560 and am about to put that project in its operating location and start working on the next one.

I find smtp2go rather restrictive, especially in the development phase. A coding bug sent out 900 emails back to back to the same address and they blocked me until the end of the month. I don't need that type of stress in my life anymore.

Multiple posts say that the Mega 2560 just doesn't have the oomph to manage TLS.

How about the Due, or the Yun. Would those work to send Gmail based mails?

Any other options, I should consider?

I have a few ESP8266 NodeMCU CP2102 ESP-12E hanging around too.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Have a great and safe week.

You need to check and verify how Your code really works. No controller on earth will do that. Changing controller will not help.

trilife:
I have a few ESP8266 NodeMCU CP2102 ESP-12E hanging around too.

Which whilst it may be supported by the Arduino IDE, is not an Arduino.

srnet:
Which whilst it may be supported by the Arduino IDE, is not an Arduino.

Correct. I just brought it up as a possibility. I'd rather stick with Arduino. My brain never was very big, but it seems to be shrinking with time

Railroader:
You need to check and verify how Your code really works. No controller on earth will do that. Changing controller will not help.

Hello RailRoader,

As I mentioned, my code works for sending Smtp2go emails.

When I looked for a Gmail solution, I always find comments similar to:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=126829.msg953705#msg953705 post #14.

And I read somewhere that Unos cannot handle the computational burden of TLS.

I now ordered a W5500, since I was running into limitations with my W5100 for other reasons.

Let's see, if that works.

Okey. Sending SMS,mail etc. is not my daily work….. Somehow it would be good to build in a kind of safety that could kick in, in order to avoid Your stuff to unintenally spam anybody.

Controlers are fantastic to do many things per second but they are dump like the train, only follow the track, the code…. And it's hard to measure activities like this. We once tested to upgrade machines via the GSM network but it didn't reach the goal. System demands, timeouts, who knows what, made it unreliable.

Good luck!

Railroader:
Okey. Sending SMS,mail etc. is not my daily work….. Somehow it would be good to build in a kind of safety that could kick in, in order to avoid Your stuff to unintenally spam anybody.

Controlers are fantastic to do many things per second but they are dump like the train, only follow the track, the code…. And it's hard to measure activities like this. We once tested to upgrade machines via the GSM network but it didn't reach the goal. System demands, timeouts, who knows what, made it unreliable.

Good luck!

That's why my system is hardwired with Ethernet and not WiFi, especially around EMI noise generated by pumps and ionizers.

Live and learn...

Okey. That sounds good. However, regardless of the communication channel, wire or wireless, the controller can't be allowed to "run wild".

You'll make it work!

Hi,
For the library

I do some test and I find a provider to use with All Arduino
https://www.mischianti.org/forums/forum/mischiantis-libraries/emailsender-send-email-with-attachments/smtp-server-to-use-with-the-emailsender-library/

If you find other provider add a topic please

Bye