The Adafruit production description for their bq24074 solar charger says to only use Adafruit branded batteries. They recommend buying only Adafruit (max 4.2V, nominal 3.7V) batteries for this solar charge controller.
How strictly should we tolerate those stated constraints on the board? For example, safe to use max 4.2V, nominal 3.6V batteries here?
What exactly is LiPoly, compared to "Li-Ion", "LiFePO", and similar Lithium-based battery chemistries? Generally speaking, is it okay to mix and match different Lithium batteries and Lithium chargers?
What about these other batteries:
- Samsung 25R Li-Ion 18650 max 4.2V, nominal 3.6V
- Samsung 30T 21700 max 4.2V, nominal 3.6V
- generic Li-Ion CR2032 3.3V
- generic Li-Ion 9v
- generic Li-Ion AA, AAA 1.7V - 5V
- generic NiMH AA, AAA 1.7V - 5V
- generic LiFePO