As part of a university project, we are developing a robotic arm that shall operate under water. We would like each joint module along the arm to be controlled by an Arduino board mounted inside a dry and watertight volume. I have no previous experience with Arduino boards so I would be very grateful if someone could provide advise regarding the Arduino board which might be most suitable for us.
Our main requirements to the Arduino board are as follows:
As small as possible. Preferrably smaller than 60x60 mm.
- Several digital I/O ports
- Several A/D channels
- PWM output (at least 4 channels)
- RS-232 (preferrably two such interfaces)
- CAN bus
- Preferrably LEDs on the board which we can use for debugging and status output.
- Preferrably a real time debugging interface which easily allows us to debug the code.
Which Arduino boards could be suitable for our robotic arm?
Thank you so much for any helpful advice!