Which H-bridge is the best?

Hello,

I have DRRobot Pirate chasis 4WD platform , what is due to your opinion the best way to control it?
Should I use h-bridge L293D, 2xL293D or L298N?
Thanks a lot!

No, none of those are good choices if you care about battery life since they
throw away 2 to 2.5V of your 6V battery pack as unwanted heat. If you
care about total cost they may be the cheapest option, but using MOSFET
H-bridges will give you noticably better speed and endurance.

You need to learn that "best" is a meaningless word in a context like this,
we don't know which attributes are important to you, there is never an
absolute notion of "best" in electronics - you may care about:

cost
reliability / robustness
energy efficiency
precision
wide operating voltage

You never get one overall winner since cost is always working against the others.

In fact, at higher currents the 298 loses almost 5V. I'd recommend having a look at Pololu's range, here. The more modern technology is way more efficient: less loss as heat, and as a consequence you don't need a heat-sink the size of a horse.

Hello!

I originally intended to use h-bridge of easy of use and low price as possible.
Since I'm aware the MOSFET drivers have a better braking capatabilities also, it cought my eye.
Could you help please help me with choosing one?
I have these 4 motors.
Is the power output only main difference between MC33926 and BD65496MUV driver?
Thanks!

Yes, the power is quite different between those two. The input voltage range is also different but the main thing I see is one gives you two drivers for $30 and the other is a single driver for $5.

Even if you are trying to be cheap and you don't need the higher power, having only one board to screw down to your robot chassis and run wires to is going to save you time and money. It will turn out cheaper than getting a third one shipped to you after you accidentally touch the wrong wire in the more-complex wiring setup and blow something up.

You don't have to buy from Polou. They're just a convenient source of information (and great modules.) There's a zillion of them on eBay for cents to dollars.

jirakst:
Hello!

I originally intended to use h-bridge of easy of use and low price as possible.
Since I'm aware the MOSFET drivers have a better braking capatabilities also, it cought my eye.
Could you help please help me with choosing one?
I have these 4 motors.
Is the power output only main difference between MC33926 and BD65496MUV driver?
Thanks!

The former can handle the 2.8A stall current, the latter can't... Easy decision since small motors
like that will likely be stalled often and you don't want to keep popping motor drivers.

In general rate things conservatively - if a motor has a 5A stall current, get a driver
that can handle 5A without any struggle (ie a 10A continuous driver), and life will be
simple. Compromise and you risk wasting time and perhaps more money than you
thought you were saving.