Which is better board

Hello everyone, I want to know which clone is better
A clone with CH340g usb to UART chip or
A clone with Atmega16u2 usb to ttl converter chip

Vaibhav2710:
Hello everyone, I want to know which clone is better
A clone with CH340g usb to UART chip or
A clone with Atmega16u2 usb to ttl converter chip

The CH340g is a single purpose USB to Serial chip. It is very inexpensive. Windows 7 host machines (at least) didn’t include device drivers for the CH340g so one had to install drivers from the manufacturers website and the installer, last time I used it, had some of the text in Chinese only.

The Atmega16u2 is a programmable microcontroller with integral USB programmed as a USB to Serial chip. It is a significantly more costly component but can be reconfigured if needed.

Which is “better” depends upon the intended application.

Since you are having tremendous driver troubles with the ATmega16U2 board you own:

I recommend trying the CH340 this time around.

I've never had a problem with any of my ATmega16U2 boards after using them regularly for years, but the programmable aspect does have a downside. The CH340 is going to do the specific job it was made for, and for 99.999% of the Arduino users, that's all they need. The ATmega16U2 is only going to work if the correct firmware is loaded on it. If for some reason you get a chip without the firmware (it happens) or the firmware is lost or corrupted, then it won't work and you'll have a complicated process to flash the firmware to it.

The upside to the ATmega16U2 is that you can run any custom firmware you want on it. However, most people (including me) just want it to act as a USB to TTL serial adapter and have no interest in putting a custom firmware on it. Usually the reason people put custom firmware on the ATmega16U2 is because they want to use their board as a keyboard/mouse/joystick/MIDI. When I want to do that, I'll just use a board that has the native USB functionality on the primary microcontroller. That's much more sensible unless you're truly in a situation where you only have an Uno/Mega, need the USB functionality, and can't afford to buy another board.