Which is the best option?

Hi, we’ve been building a project on our school and our’s consist of 2 39000rpm Carbon Brushed motors all i know about these motors is their No-Load Current : 1A, then a 2200kv Brushless motor. I have a battery pack of 8AA Nimh 2000mah each. And I’m stuck on choosing between a relay and a l293d motor shield on powering those two 39000rpm motors. I want to choose the one who will last longer but i don’t know which one

ibenzzz: Hi, we've been building a project on our school and our's consist of 2 39000rpm Carbon Brushed motors all i know about these motors is their No-Load Current : 1A, then a 2200kv Brushless motor. I have a battery pack of 8AA Nimh 2000mah each. And I'm stuck on choosing between a relay and a l293d motor shield on powering those two 39000rpm motors. I want to choose the one who will last longer but i don't know which one

Please find more information about the motors that can turn so fast. WHAT is a 2200Kv brushless motor? Are you just making these values up?

Paul

A brushless motor will need a brushless motor driver or electronic speed control (ESC).

If the DC motor has a no-load current of 1 amp it is likely to have a stall current of 10 or 20 amps and you need a motor driver that can handle that - certainly not an L293.

If you are content for the motor to be fully on or fully off then a relay would work - but it needs to be capable of switching the stall current.

...R

Actually stall current can be 5 to 10 times full load current, so may be 100 times no load current even!!

2200kv tells you how fast it spins for a given voltage input. A number like that seems like it is an average-sized quadcopter motor.

That is considered to be a high current motor for an Arduino. Definitely needs careful selection of driver unless it always runs at max power and then you might consider a relay but that would still be a poor method of control.