Which RF to use for my project.

I want to build a robot that controls 3-5 other robots wirelessly and tells them what to do in different situations based on sensor input. I was wondering if I should use NRF24L01or XBee (or any other better options) and why. I was also wondering which microcontroller to use ( be able to hook up to an XBee, a sensor and 2 dc motors or a dc motor driver). thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

I have no experience of XBee - I believe they are expensive.

You can certainly have a "master" that communicates with several slaves using nRF24s

An Uno will certainly do what you want. I have also used the much smaller ProMicro and an Atmega 328 chip on stripboard.

...R

How much range you need to cover? means how much distance you need to transmit your wireless signal between your main robot and slave robots?

yatin: How much range you need to cover? means how much distance you need to transmit your wireless signal between your main robot and slave robots?

And how much data? How often? How much data can you afford to lose? How much of the data transmission/data reception/error handling do you want to write? To offload to the radio? What is your budget?

I'm a big fan of XBees - they handle all of the data transmission/data reception/error handling for you. They are not cheap, but they are easy to use and reliable.

thank all you guys for all of your responses but I did a little more research and I’ve decided to use NRF24L01 and take robin2’ suggestion to use an Arduino uno