Which sensor/how to detect XY movement like a mouse ?

Hello, I am a beginner with arduino but not in programmation. I wanted to try to make a kind of mouse, in fact not really a mouse, just something that will move my mouse on my screen (by using the Mouse API of Arduino).

But I really don't know which sensor could I use to track my "xy" mouvement "in real world". Sorry if I use bad sentence to explain what i want to do. In fact I want to do a simple mouse with arduino but i don't know how to detect and see movement, and which sensor use.

Someone could help me ?

Hi, have a look at this.

Paul

Leonardo and Micro can appear as mouse and keyboard, and there's code in File > Examples > USB of the IDE which allows you to use a joystick as a mouse through their analog ports.

But, I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.....

PaulRB:
Hi, have a look at this.

Paul

Thank you it is exactly what i was looking for, i am gonna buy some and test with that :slight_smile:

JimboZA:
Leonardo and Micro can appear as mouse and keyboard, and there’s code in File > Examples > USB of the IDE which allows you to use a joystick as a mouse through their analog ports.

But, I’m not sure if that’s what you’re asking…

Yes i knew it, i was planned to use it, i just searched an appropriate sensor :slight_smile: