Which sensors for this project?

Hello guys! I developed an app Android that comunicate with ECU Cars using OBD. Now i want to extend this project inserting inside car an Arduino and Raspberry Pi that support the ECU by extending the sensor lecture!

More precisely i want read this: -Internal and external temperature and humidity -Parking sensors -camera (maybe two, frontal and back) -CNG and GPL sensor for some lose of gas

For the camera and parking sensor i see that the difference can be the product but with temperature and gas sensor which are the best?

I see that exist the DH11 and DH22...or the temperature sensor that i have with the Arduino starter kit tmp35 (right?)... And for the gas exist the model MQ2...MQ4...MQ6 etc..

Finally, it's possible to make a bridge from the resistence that read fuel level tank and read that level from my Arduino without explode my car? ahahhah

You can go with BME280 its a very good sensor and uses i2c protocol

I suppose you are planning to log your performance data. if Yes then you get an added advantage of measuring the Atmospheric pressure as well. You can also calculate the altitude at which your vehicle is being used. To find the performance of your vehicle.

Regards, Sathya

sathyanarayananp: You can go with BME280 its a very good sensor and uses i2c protocol

I suppose you are planning to log your performance data. if Yes then you get an added advantage of measuring the Atmospheric pressure as well. You can also calculate the altitude at which your vehicle is being used. To find the performance of your vehicle.

Regards, Sathya

Yes Thanks for the suggestion! Exatly i want to create something like BLACK BOX that in some case, if the driver had some car problem the mechanics can read all data log of car and can say to driver what is the problem that the car had..... Something like remote blood analistics :D :D

The main problem for now is that not all car give fuel level from ECU... for example my FIAT grande punto Bifuel (cng + gasoline) give that information because ECU manage the fuel change..... but monofuel car don't do that so i need to read the fuel level with my Arduino...but some user say to me in PM that i can't use the ATMEL for automotive usage :( I can't simply read the resistance value that give the level to car dashboard and show it in digital?

sbolde91: but some user say to me in PM that i can't use the ATMEL for automotive usage :(

That was me: just quoting the Atmel datasheet so that you know.

I didn't say you can't use it, I said that Atmel say you can't use it. Subtle difference....

But then, what's an automotive application?

bloodnok_vc: That was me: just quoting the Atmel datasheet so that you know.

I didn't say you can't use it, I said that Atmel say you can't use it. Subtle difference....

But then, what's an automotive application?

Yes, sorry for the bad explanation :D :D

sbolde91: Yes Thanks for the suggestion! Exatly i want to create something like BLACK BOX that in some case, if the driver had some car problem the mechanics can read all data log of car and can say to driver what is the problem that the car had..... Something like remote blood analistics :D :D

The main problem for now is that not all car give fuel level from ECU... for example my FIAT grande punto Bifuel (cng + gasoline) give that information because ECU manage the fuel change..... but monofuel car don't do that so i need to read the fuel level with my Arduino...but some user say to me in PM that i can't use the ATMEL for automotive usage :( I can't simply read the resistance value that give the level to car dashboard and show it in digital?

You are not alone, Even my 2015 Hyundai I20 wont show it either... :P

Another suggestion for you!! You might also want to add a tilt sensor / Gyroscope in your project as well.. I had thought of this project for my car as it was having difficulties climbing slopes.. I could not tell the mechanics what happened up there.. If only I had data I could show them and tell what exactly happened on the slopes :)

sathyanarayananp: You are not alone, Even my 2015 Hyundai I20 wont show it either... :P

Another suggestion for you!! You might also want to add a tilt sensor / Gyroscope in your project as well.. I had thought of this project for my car as it was having difficulties climbing slopes.. I could not tell the mechanics what happened up there.. If only I had data I could show them and tell what exactly happened on the slopes :)

The problem about MonoFuel car is realated about ECU gestion of Fuel. In this case the ECU don't need to manage Fuel, so this parameter is not readed by ECU, infact i think that you receive the response message 7F 01 22 that mean not supported pid (or something like this)....

For this reason i want to read the value of resistance that change the fuel level into dashboard of car so became possible to read that value overcrossing the ECU (that don' know that data).

For your project i suggest to test it with phone first, like an Android app and a phone that have those sensors (GPS, Giroscope etc..) so you can test the project with a stable hardware and after move all into an Arduino and Rasp...... i'm moving in this way :)

If you want we can talk about this project in PM and help which other :)