Which UTFT Library to use

Hi, I am looking for a library that supports as many TFT displays as possible. I downloaded a UTFT library recently from somewhere I don't no. Library manager says the version is unknown. The library manager of the newly installed Arduino IDE 1.6.13 (on other notebook) doesn't know UTFT. My current UTFT version does not compile for Arduino Due.

I know I have a total mess with Arduino libraries, but if you try out new things you invariably land there.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Maybe I should add that my 2.8" shield works fine with MCUFRIEND_kbv on MEGA and Due, but I’d like to check my code on additional libraries, and I have to find out what is wrong with pushColors on MCUFRIEND_kbv.
And I found out that it is quite hard to configure the more general libraries for my shield.

:( ging den Bach runter - got down the drain. missing in action. ...

Post a link to your actual 2.8" display. What controller does it use? i.e. readID()

If you want to use UTFT, go to the proper website and download it from there. The current version is 2.8.2

Mr Karlsen suffers from multiple hacked copies of UTFT. I think he gets fed up.

There is nothing wrong with "adapting" public source code. Just attribute to the original author, and state clearly what you have done.

David.

Thank you, David.

I see no UTFT libraries in my download; that makes me believe I loaded it by the library manager. But it's no longer there, only some SD-companion library.

And with google I see some other UTFT libraries on GitHub and elsewhere, not the one from Mr Karlsen.

Could you provide the appropriate link?

Thank you.

Jean-Marc

Ok, now I discovered it. rinky-dink sounded suspicious to me.

http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/library.php?id=51

david_prentice: Post a link to your actual 2.8" display. What controller does it use? i.e. readID()

If you want to use UTFT, go to the proper website and download it from there. The current version is 2.8.2

Mr Karlsen suffers from multiple hacked copies of UTFT. I think he gets fed up.

There is nothing wrong with "adapting" public source code. Just attribute to the original author, and state clearly what you have done.

David.

the display came from: http://www.banggood.com/2_8-Inch-TFT-LCD-Shield-Touch-Display-Module-For-Arduino-UNO-p-989697.html?rmmds=search

the ID is 9341

I installe the library ILI9341_t3 with library manager and will soon try it also.

My Buffered_GFX class is undergoing transformation to a template class, which will make it easier to use it and enhance it for additional libraries, if I am successful.

Your UTFT.zip file contains a file called UTFT_Supported_display_modules_&_controllers.pdf. This file contains a list of displays Henning Karlsen has gotten to work for himself. These should work at least on a Mega 2560 board. The UNO will only work with the smallest of boards because of memory issues and these board are often hard for fumble fingered people like me to poke at the right spot. For these reasons I always suggest that if you are working with TFT touchscreen displays, use a decent sized TFT Touchscreen (2.8" or larger), a Mega 2560 board and an appropriate shield.

In addition to some on the list that Henning Karlsen provides, I have also used 4.3", 5" and 7" SainSmart displays with a 2X20 pinset on one side. They work with UTFT but do not tell Henning that I said so. He HATES SainSmart !!!!!!. It is always good to have a brand name display of the size and type you intend to work with just in case something goes wrong while using a knockoff. It makes troubleshooting a lot easier. I have received defective/counterfeit knockoffs on e-Bay. By counterfeit, I mean the displays were never meant to work. Beware of somebody selling lingerie on e-Bay selling you any electronics.

I also tend to use the ElecFreaks TFT LCD Mega Shields V2.2. I have used knockoffs but I have also received some defective/counterfeit boards when doing so. Once again, always have a name brand board on hand so if things do not go well, you can easily troubleshoot the problem.