Which WIFI/Bluetooth micro

Hi all again,

Suffering from a bit of midlife ADD. My brain has been working overtime in this wonderful lockdown period (even though we haven't had any lockdown for 6 months, YAY Australia).

I have a small CNC milling machine/laser engraver (desktop size) and being a little noisy and smelly when engraving wood the Minister for War and Home Affairs won't allow it inside. Also being 32C most of the day it can get a little warm out doors.

What I would like to do is have my computer inside and the machine outside (only about 6-10' through a glass door) and send the CNC data over a couple of WIFI modules. I don't really mind if it never works properly it is more the fun in trying.

The question, what would the most reliable WIFI module be to maintain a permanent connection. I don't want to go through my home WIFI as it is as flaky as can be. I just need to transmit and receive USB data as transparently as possible.

Any suggestions. And in particular any I shouldn't use and why.

what MCU uses the engraver?

I’d recommend JDY-40 https://www.electrodragon.com/w/images/0/05/EY-40_English_manual.pdf

Juraj:
what MCU uses the engraver?

Mega328P

The board is a Woodpecker CNC CAMXTOOL V3.4

windoze_killa:
Mega328P

The board is a Woodpecker CNC CAMXTOOL V3.4

how much memory consumes the engraver sketch?

No idea. I will try and work it out.

So how do I find out how much memory is being used?

windoze_killa:
So how do I find out how much memory is being used?

if you don't know that, then sorry, it would be very hard to guide you for WiFi networking

This is a commercial board. It is not an arduino, although probably based on one.

I can't see how much memory it uses has anything to do with using 2 modules between USB ports instead of a cable.

Come on people, surely this wasn't such a hard question.

PS. The current baud rate is set to 115000, I haven't tried varying that yet or even know if it can be varied.