Who knows about external Powerbanks with Chargetrough and Always On Technology?

Because the Arduino often consume so little current, a regular power bank cuts the power after a while because it "thinks" the device is fully charged (they are built for mobile phones).

That's why i use a V50 from Voltaic which is specially designed for uControllers.

Who knows of other powerbanks with reliable Chargetrough and Always On Technology?

I tend to stick a resistor on the PCB to keep the supply active by pulling enough current. A little wastefull, but allows me to use the eBay power banks.

It's not very pretty, but the 18650 battery shield v3 is a poor man's Arduino powerbank. You can charge the battery while powering the load, and it is always-on.

But depending on the load you need to power, it may need to have a load sharing circuit added:

ShermanP:
diymore 18650 Battery Shield V3 For Raspberry Pi WEMOS For Arduino Micro USB Type A USB Output Diy Kit|shield v3|diy kitkit diy - AliExpress

But depending on the load you need to power, it may need to have a load sharing circuit added:

You have got mor powerful models as well from the same make:

RIN67630:
You have got mor powerful models as well from the same make:
ESP32 ESP32S 18650 Lithium Battery Shield V8 V9 5V/3A 3V/1A Power Bank Battery Charging Module Micro USB For Arduino ESP8266 WIF|Integrated Circuits| - AliExpress

Yes, but a bit of a warning about those. I bought one of the 2-cell models, and it has a completely different circuit than the single-cell. They used one of those single-chip powerbank designs that does both the charging and the boost conversion in a single chip, and in the case of the one I received doesn't let you power the load while charging - the 5V output drops way down. At some point they will probably also switch the single-cell version to that design (because it's cheaper), and we'll be screwed. But so far the V3 versions of the single-cell that I've seen were all good.

Also, Google for Arduino power bank auto cut off.
Here, some alternative solutions are mentioned: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=497195.0

Thx for your responses. But we all know these solutions aren't elegant. Nobody wants to burn battery power or deceive just to outsmart the powerbank...

There are millions of different powerbank models.. :frowning:
There must be powerbank similar to the Voltaic ??!??
It also must be cheaper to build a powerbank without the power cut circuit?!?

You can fix that problem with this circuit: YouTube

If you have a spare I/O pin on the Arduino you could switch a MOSFET and resistor to ground for a short while to simulate the load to keep the powerbank on. I've done this before with success.

// Per.