Why am i getting this error?!!!

Hey guys i was just testing one library for my upcoming project and this stupid error does not let me to.

#include<Tone.h>

void setup(){
}

void loop(){
}

But i am getting this error:

Arduino: 1.6.10 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\Raebel Christo\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Tone\Tone.cpp:26:20: fatal error: wiring.h: No such file or directory

#include <wiring.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

i need help.
I already included tone library and i don’t know why is this not working.

If you downloaded it make sure you unzip it into libraries before you try using it.

I think that the new IDE versions have trouble with some older libraries. The posted code compiles fine with ver. 1.04 but not with 1.67. Not sure the solution besides using an older IDE version.

nunofyourbusiness:
If you downloaded it make sure you unzip it into libraries before you try using it.

IDE has an option to add from zip directly or some such. I've never used it, just recall seeing it.

The error message looks to me like the Tone library has been installed in the correct place.

However wiring.h is a very old library. It's no longer used in any Arduino code. You can replace this with Arduino.h in most cases and it will work exactly the same.

Or perhaps there's a newer version of Tone?

The Arduino IDE includes Tone in the core, see https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Tone. I can’t say whether the Tone library you have installed in your sketchbook folder is just an ancient version or something completely different with the same name without you saying where you downloaded that library from. It’s certainly worth checking if the modern tone(), etc functions will work for your project instead of using an outdated library that will need to be modified to be usable with any recent Arduino IDE version. You can see usage examples at File > Examples > 02.Digital > toneKeyboard, etc. Note that you don’t want to include Tone.h to use the core tone() function.

These are the #includes from Tone.cpp with this version identifier

$Id: Tone.cpp 119 2010-07-17 18:56:36Z bhagman@roguerobotics.com $
#include <avr/interrupt.h>
#include <avr/pgmspace.h>
//#include <wiring_.h>
#include <arduino.h>
#include <pins_arduino.h>
#include "Tone.h"

With this version, there is no need to add an additional call for arduino.h and the posted code compiles fine for me with ide 1.6.9

The Tone.cpp file included with the Arduino IDE was also written by Brett Hagman but it was last modified September 28, 2015(History for hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Tone.cpp - arduino/Arduino · GitHub). Why use such an old version when you already have the latest version installed?