Why can't I download Arduino IDE 1.6.4

When I tried to download the version 1.6.4, I get a screen that asking either to download or contribute then download. When I click just download, it return to the home screen www.arduino.cc.

Have something blocked my IP-adress to the original www.arduino.cc that they force my IP-address go to an unknown server, maybe police security?) that they set up a false *.php document so I cannot download? Please investigate if you in Arduino.cc would do it for me ?

I have never done anything unlawful that concerning about programming hacking and cracker. And, I have nothing evildeeds in my police background.

Dude, if the feds were after you, they could easily listen in on your communication without interfering with your downloads.

It's a technical problem of some sort, either with your browser or the Arduino server.

Qwseyvnd:
When I tried to download the version 1.6.4, I get a screen that asking either to download or contribute then download. When I click just download, it return to the home screen www.arduino.cc.

Most likely your own system or network does not allow you to get the file.

Maybe some "security software" or "virus scanner" installed on your PC prevents the download that is running on your system.

Maybe your network administrator or Internet provider prevents you to get the file by using special settings or filter software within the network.

Maybe the harddisk of your PC is nearly full and there is less space left on the harddisk than the file needs for download. In that case the webbrowser may prevent the download.

But on the other hand: If you try a download from one of the "rogue states" as defined byt the USA currently

• Iran
  • North Korea
  • Syria
  • Sudan
    then perhaps the Arduino company itself censors the download to your country.

Or maybe the download server is just overloaded and throws away too much load requests.
In that case it may help: Wait some hours, then try again!

There are many possibilities why you don't get a download.
To inspect the real reason, you'd need to have full knowledge of the system und possible have the ability to inspect the network traffic to find out what's going on.

jurs:
Most likely your own system or network does not allow you to get the file.

Maybe some "security software" or "virus scanner" installed on your PC prevents the download that is running on your system.

Maybe your network administrator or Internet provider prevents you to get the file by using special settings or filter software within the network.

Maybe the harddisk of your PC is nearly full and there is less space left on the harddisk than the file needs for download. In that case the webbrowser may prevent the download.

But on the other hand: If you try a download from one of the "rogue states" as defined byt the USA currently

• Iran
  • North Korea
  • Syria
  • Sudan
    then perhaps the Arduino company itself censors the download to your country.

Or maybe the download server is just overloaded and throws away too much load requests.
In that case it may help: Wait some hours, then try again!

There are many possibilities why you don't get a download.
To inspect the real reason, you'd need to have full knowledge of the system und possible have the ability to inspect the network traffic to find out what's going on.

That was a detailed explanation with evidence that some people at the world experienced that way.

About such manner, I want that the forums at the worldwide should reply such way.

With a lot regards with my real name
√ėyvind Hagen (Islandwind Garden).