Why can't I modify avrdude.conf?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run a sketch on an ATtiny167. I found the needed core in this GitHub:

and installed them via the board manager and this link:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json

But when trying to program, I get the message that I need to modify avrdude.conf, as it says in the instructions of that code. I was trying to do that, but when trying to save the file, I get the warning: "access denied". I also can't move files to that directory.

I am using IDE v1.8.3 on Windows 7 at the moment. Has anyone an idea how to change that file or has anyone a different solution?

The programming would be done with an Uno as ISP, and the blink sketch to be programmed, only to make it work; I will worry about the code later.
BTW, I am just new to the forum, so I hope this is the right place to post this.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Cheers, Ivo

Perlmarmelade:
but when trying to save the file, I get the warning: "access denied". I also can't move files to that directory.

Sounds like you need to change your access rights for that directory.

...R

Robin2:
Sounds like you need to change your access rights for that directory.

Yup, that was it (duh). Works like a charm now.
Thank you for poiting out, I feel rather stupid for not thinking of that.

Greets, Ivo

How did you change the access rights of the folder?

Geez, that's a while ago.
Don't know if I even remember what exactly I changed there.

I think right click on the file/folder/whatever you try to modify, and then the tab "Security", you are given some permissions for SYSTEM and the different users. You then alter the rights for the user account which you log in to.
You obviously need admin rights to do that.

Not sure if this was the exact thing that denied the access in this case, but it's what I would shoot for.
Hope that helps

Thanks! It worked! Finally I could burn the bootloader.