Why can't my LED light up with the Arduino Xbee Shield

Hello everyone, Why can't my LED light up when i am using a Arduino Xbee Shield, however it can light up when i am using a sparkfun breakout board with Breadboard. So how can my LED light up with an Arduino xbee shield? i am using a sample code which i found it online. So any suggestion would be appreciated. THanks

Without a connection diagram or program, I can only assume you have upset the various gods.

Weedpharma

To follow up on what weedpharma said, we need to know: What kind of XBees you are using. How they are configured. What kind of shield you are using, specifically, not vaguely. How the shield is configured. What is sending the data that the XBee on the Arduino is supposed to receive. What the code on the Arduino looks like.

But, the answer to your question is pretty simple. The LED doesn't light up because something is wrong.

oh sorry my bad. The codes is as show below. I am using the Xbee S1 and i am just using the inputs from my keyboard to turn on and off the LED. For the Xbee i am using XCTU for the programming of it. Thanks

const int ledPin = 13; // the pin that the LED is attached to int incomingByte; // a variable to read incoming serial data into

void setup() { // initialize serial communication: Serial.begin(9600); // initialize the LED pin as an output: pinMode(ledPin, OUTPUT); }

void loop() { // see if there's incoming serial data: if (Serial.available() > 0) { // read the oldest byte in the serial buffer: incomingByte = Serial.read(); // if it's a capital H (ASCII 72), turn on the LED: if (incomingByte == 'H') { digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH); delay(300); } // if it's an L (ASCII 76) turn off the LED: if (incomingByte == 'L') { digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW); delay(300); } } }

For the Xbee i am using XCTU for the programming of it.

Well, duh. What values are you assigning to MY, DH, and DL on each XBee?

What about the answers to the rest of the questions?

So i dont think is the configuration problem of my Xbee.

Well, that makes one of us. Is it REALLY that hard to share?

The shield i used is the Arduino Xbee Shield

That shield has jumpers on it. If you don't tell us where the jumpers are, you can go jump in a lake.

One Xbee is connected to the computer port

With duct tape?

Thanks and hope you be able to answer my qn.

Not a hope in hell.

If you have stayed on this far, you should have got the impression that unless you give ALL the information about the project, we are unable to help.

In your next post, reply to the points made in the previous responses then before you hit "post", think about all the things you have not told us and that we have not yet asked. Put all of this into the post.

You can attach pictures of the parts showing the links. You can draw pictures and send photographs.

Just make sure you tell all.

Weedpharma