why does arudino IDE 1.8.x compile the lib files every time I try to upload?

This wastes a lot of time

at the very least can you compile my code first? that is where the compile errors are going to be found

/Users/aed/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/7-2017q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -w -g -Os -nostdlib @/Users/andrewdavidson/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/variants/ARDUINO_NANO33BLE/defines.txt @/Users/andrewdavidson/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/variants/ARDUINO_NANO33BLE/cxxflags.txt -DARDUINO_ARCH_NRF52840 -mcpu=cortex-m4 -w -x c++ -E -CC -DARDUINO=10812 -DARDUINO_ARDUINO_NANO33BLE -DARDUINO_ARCH_MBED -I/Users/andrewdavidson/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/cores/arduino -I/Users/andrewdavidson/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/variants/ARDUINO_NANO33BLE -I/Users/andrewdavidson/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ArduinoBLE/src -I/Users/andrewdavidson/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/cores/arduino/api/deprecated -iprefix/Users/andrewdavidson/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/cores/arduino @/Users/andrewdavidson/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/variants/ARDUINO_NANO33BLE/includes.txt /Users/andrewdavidson/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ArduinoBLE/src/utility/HCI.cpp -o /dev/null