Why does it keep doing this?

I got a arduino robotics kit from oddwires, and in the instructions it says to download 2 links, the AFmotor link, and Newping link, otherwise it will error. I downloaded these two things and it still error-ed, am I putting them in the wrong place? I am pretty clueless when it comes to downloading files.

This is the link to the robotics kit I got if it helps:

http://www.oddwires.com/robotics-kit-with-arduino-uno-and-motor-shield/

The place you didn't tell us is probably the wrong one, but how can we tell from this side?

Follow the instructions on Arduino.cc for installing libraries.

Once you have downloaded both those files, to say your Downloads folder; open your Arduino IDE and then Add the zip files as shown.

000015.jpg

Thank you. There are no errors now. But now uploading the sketch it says; "an error occured while uploading the sketch"

randomnoob2: Thank you. There are no errors now. But now uploading the sketch it says; "an error occured while uploading the sketch"

Seems to me there was an error while uploading the sketch

randomnoob2:
Thank you. There are no errors now. But now uploading the sketch it says; “an error occured while uploading the sketch”

Have you got the Board and Port selected from the tools menu ? - see picture

If that does not cure the problem then post a screenshot of the full error message at the bottom of the screen along with the board and port details for your set up.

000016.jpg

ricky101:
then post a screenshot of the full error message

It will be much easier for us to read if you post the error messages as text rather than as a picture.

…R

I have the board selected. I took a gyazo screen shot.

https://gyazo.com/356095699cb4cad67f9837405bc5caf0

randomnoob2: I have the board selected. I took a gyazo screen shot.

https://gyazo.com/356095699cb4cad67f9837405bc5caf0

Not sure why you are getting that message if you have the board connected - others might know ..?

What happens if you run the Blink program from the Examples / Basics folder - does it download ok ?

Also assume you have the shield mounted on the Uno, have you tried it without the shield to see if it loads ok ?

ricky101:
Not sure why you are getting that message if you have the board connected - others might know …?

What happens if you run the Blink program from the Examples / Basics folder - does it download ok ?

Also assume you have the shield mounted on the Uno, have you tried it without the shield to see if it loads ok ?

Not sure about the blink program, but i’ll try without the motor shield on.

Make sure you can load the Blink example from the Arduino IDE with nothing attached to your Uno other than the USB cable.

...R

Nothing worked

randomnoob2:
Not sure about the blink program, but i’ll try without the motor shield on.

Would seems you are totally new to the Arduino, so better say how you run the blink program, just in case.

Open the IDE, from the File menu, select Examples, then 01 Basics, and finally double click on Blink.

That opens a new screen with the blink program, compile and load it, and you should see the orange led next to pin 13 flashing about once a second.

If it can do that its working ok; Blink is typically pre programmed into the Uno so you can prove its working as soon as you unpack and plug it in to the usb port.

randomnoob2: Nothing worked

Brief replies like that may work when you talk face-to-face with someone and can get an instant response. They are little use on a Forum where there is a long time lag.

At the very least you need to tell us in great detail how you went about trying to upload the Blink program and what error messages you got.

...R

The orange led is blinking already, but uploading the blink errors. Just verifying it works fine, for the main code, and the blink. I've tried unplugging the USB to my computer, and putting it back in, but it doesn't do anything.

It sounds like the blink program it shipped with is running, but you are not communicating with the board.

In post #5 I showed the picture of the Tools menu, does your IDE look the same, it may show a different port to Com 3 , but does it actually say Uno , like my picture ?

Try a different USB cable, a shorter one better, and also a different USB port; does it load the Blink program ?

Did you download the Arduino IDE from the Arduino site ? https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Which version did you install, the Windows Installer or the Windows .Zip ?

If you ran the W.Zip, then delete that and use the Windows Installer and see if things work then.

Thank you so much. It works now.

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 3,736 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 84 bytes (4%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,964 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes. avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20 An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

So what did you change in those 9 minutes between "working" and "error message"?

MorganS:
So what did you change in those 9 minutes between “working” and “error message”?

Plus what happened between last night and today when it started working - just a full power off ? or something else ?