why will this code not compile and instead gives 302 code

why do I get this error code of “stray /302 in program”?

Research has not been helpful as to narrowing it down.

This code was downloaded from internet

Thanks in advance for any info or clues, you might provide.

I have tried to modify the line and then the one above itand so on but usually I make a mistake and need to delete it all and re d/l the code. wasting my time I think but maybe there is a short cut or tools used to find it/them

thanks again doug

eric_diy_rc_lights.ino (4.93 KB)

Because you have unicode characters copied from some website in there.

Paste the code into the quick reply window, cut it out again and paste the last one into your sketch. Compile and you should be fine.

Yes, opening the sketch in wordpad shows some odd characters at the start of lines. Some cleanup is needed.
Unicode errors.jpg

So, I tried to copy the file from the web site directly to the quick reply.

I tried both saving the qreply copy first and then cut it straight back to a new sketch in 1.6.12 , pasting . try compile with same result.

Also tried copy from net direct to paste in qreply then cut right away( without saving to draft) to new sketch with same result.

I get the 302 in program.

I see strange things in the word pad post, is these the hidden stuff that needs to go?

Quite a lot!!!

Thanks doug

I opened the file that you attached in the original in notepad++, copied it from there and pasted it in the IDE and compiled; result was the error (although I got a 240).

Next I pasted it in the quick reply window here, cut it from the quick reply window and pasted it in the IDE and compiled; result was no error.

I opened the file that you attached in the original in notepad++, copied it from there and pasted it in the IDE and compiled; result was the error (although I got a 240).

Next I pasted it in the quick reply window here, cut it from the quick reply window and pasted it in the IDE and compiled; result was no error.

Yes the A with ^ above it is what needs to go.

Hey guys

THANKS

between the cut and past opt and seeing the Awith thingy ( cant figure how to print it, I got it.

Now complies great. doug