WIFI 101 Web Page for LED control

Hello,

Probably a pretty silly question but I cannot figure it out. Normally when I have built projects, I just use a simple 4 button interface and an LCD for the menu and controls. I am now trying to implement the controls through the web. I have the arduino zero and wifi 101 shield. I can connect it to a network and see it just fine. I plan to control the following:

An RGB LED - 1 level for each color 0-255 which will correspond the the duty cycle of PWM on the arduino.
An array of white LEDs - 0-255 corresponding to the the duty cycle of PWM on the arduino
An Array of blue LEDs - 0-255 corresponding to the the duty cycle of PWM on the arduino
An Array of color LEDs - 0-255 corresponding to the the duty cycle of PWM on the arduino
Time
A motor - here again, using PWM.

So I was hoping to create a web page that had a button to turn each LED on and off along with a sliding scale for the brightness. Same for the motor.

I can code the arduino fine to do all of this and I can create the HTML web page. It is just making the two talk that I am struggling with.

I am starting with the WiFiWebServer example for the WifI 101 shield. To prove I can do this, I just want to create a button for an LED control where I can initialize it to the current state of the LED (on or off) and then change the state of the LED when it is pressed. I have modified the example such that it creates a web page with a button, however I cannot get the button to do anything. I was planning to have the button press send something back to the arduino like “Led1on” and “Led1off” or just “LED1” (and change the state anytime it sees “LED1”) then match this on the Arduino to toggle the LED. Can someone offer some suggestions on how to accomplish this? I have tried the form tags and actions however nothing seems to show up when I do a client.read() in the arduino code.

I created a button that would add /1 to the address. So it looked like then when you pressed the button it would be /1. This however cause the webpage to navigate away from the arduino’s page and caused the connection to drop out. I also tried with # and couldn’t make it work.

Thanks,

Greg

Having the same problem. Trying to controll Arduino with WiFi101 with a simple webpage. No luck!